Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cosmetic surgery

• 15-11-2006 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

I'm toying with the idea of a nose job. (no need for beauty on inside confidence blah blah thanks) :) My face is pretty so I'v been told, but i want it a bit more stream lined, think Ashlee Simpson. I know cosmetic surgery is getting huge in Ireland and quite common. Just wondering if anyone has horror stories or happy endings... Recommendations and prices? Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

There's a few "clinics" you should avoid, I can't recall the names of them though unfortunately.
    I hear the Blackrock clinic are one of the best for plastic surgeries though, you'd be best off getting a recommendation from your GP but I'm sure someone may be able to give you an outline of the prices involved.

Other than that, best of luck should you go through with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I'm toying with the idea of a nose job. (no need for beauty on inside confidence blah blah thanks) :) My face is pretty so I'v been told, but i want it a bit more stream lined, think Ashlee Simpson. I know cosmetic surgery is getting huge in Ireland and quite common. Just wondering if anyone has horror stories or happy endings... Recommendations and prices? Thanks!!
    Tbh if it ain't broken... don't fix it. You say yourself that people think you're pretty, you might not like what you get done. Also regards Ashlee, I thought she was hotter before she got her nose done. She looks too fake and barbie like now. Best of luck with whatever you choose though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

ashlee simpson's nose job made her look so much better, it's just all the weight loss and hair extensions afterwards that made her look like barbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

kjt wrote:
    Also regards Ashlee, I thought she was hotter before she got her nose done.

Agreed tbh.

kjt wrote:
    Tbh if it ain't broken... don't fix it. You say yourself that people think you're pretty, you might not like what you get done.

Oh ffs. Was she asking for peoples personal opinion on plastic surgery? I see nowhere in the original post that she asked for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

rb_ie wrote:
    Oh ffs. Was she asking for peoples personal opinion on plastic surgery? I see nowhere in the original post that she asked for it.
    And there was a need for you to post that? Go somewhere else to get your postcount up. GG wp no re!

kjt wrote:
    And there was a need for you to post that? Go somewhere else to get your postcount up. GG wp no re!
    Off topic. Reported.

Where the hell does postcount come into it?
    The OP wasn't looking for your opinions on plastic surgery, she actually asked for those who felt the need to post such shíte to not bother, yet you did...confusing stuff.

Regardless, every time theres a thread on plastic surgery, some idiots come out of the shadows with their opinions even though they're not asked for it. The OP asked for recommendations, prices and stories, not personal opinions. Why you felt the need to give it, I have no idea but perhaps you can stfu in future when you're specifically not asked for it.

Anyway, OP from what I've heard the Harley medical group are good. I think they're only based in the UK however. Oh and related to my first post in the thread, I've heard bad things about advancedcosmeticsurgery.ie and their clinics, though I may be mistaken I'm almost sure it was them.
    It seems theres a lot of polish clinics, and if their work here is anything to go by I'm sure they do a great job of it :D Though, I wouldn't know nor have I heard of anyones experience in dealing with it. It'd also be hard for follow up visits etc...
    Btw, my old dermatologist is also a plastic surgeon. I never had surgery myself but he was a fantastic dermatologist, I can give you his name if you want to check it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Heya op. Its really really important to have a good plastic surgeon when your getting your nose done. Shop around and ask to see before and after pictures of previous patients. If you walk in with a picture of Ashlee Simpson and the surgeon tells you he can make you look like her then walk out immediatly. Any surgeon worth his salt will know that he cant make you look a certain way,they can only make the best of what you've got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I was on Harley Med website n asked for a brochure n they rang organising a consultation!! :eek: Bit pushy. Might check it out to get advice. Wouldn't be able to have procedure for about a year tho what with college n travelling... I think Ashlee looks brilliant now, apart from the barbie extensions/orange skin combo :D Anyone know someone who's had a procedure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

rb_ie wrote:
    There's a few "clinics" you should avoid, I can't recall the names of them though unfortunately.
    I hear the Blackrock clinic are one of the best for plastic surgeries though, you'd be best off getting a recommendation from your GP but I'm sure someone may be able to give you an outline of the prices involved.
    Beware of any such vague advice, i.e. 'Blackrock clinic are one of the best'. Blackrock Clinic provides consulting rooms to range of consultants. Speak to your GP to get a referral to a good consultant, if you really, really feel the need to go through with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Anyone know someone who's had a procedure?
    My friend has had her boobs done and they've really boosted her confidence and look totally natural.
    And amazingly she doesn't go round in tight low cut tops all the time either.
    They're a "normal" enough size for her frame, you'd never guess she'd had any work done.

She's pleased.
    Twas some place up in Meath that she went to I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Blackrock clinic will set you back about €5000. Think their speciality is more medcial cosmethic surgery, rather than aesthetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Any pics available of that boob job ??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Lil Kitten wrote:
    I was on Harley Med website n asked for a brochure n they rang organising a consultation!! :eek: Bit pushy. Might check it out to get advice. Wouldn't be able to have procedure for about a year tho what with college n travelling... I think Ashlee looks brilliant now, apart from the barbie extensions/orange skin combo :D Anyone know someone who's had a procedure?

Hi
    A friend of mine had a nose job a few months ago. She's 18. I met her in college last month so, other than asking her for pix, I can't tell you what her nose was like before. She says she was always very self-conscious of it and it affected her social life (I think mainly with boys) as she felt it was very large and "protruding". It's just a pretty standard nose I'd say, though I did note with envy that it's perfectly straight (I've a bump in my nose which I hate!). She said the pain was pretty bad for a couple of days but after that the swelling and bruising went down fast.

On a side note, Ashlee appears to have radically changed her nose. I mean shortened and straightened and chiselled down. I saw a pic of her in a magazine and had to look twice. If it completely changes how you look, I think that's too far. But then I have always harboured an immense dislike for the girl so......What exactly do ypu want done?

The bump is fairly bad, needs to be shaved down or broken n cartilage removed. Thats easy enough. Looks atrocious in pics, cos my face is quite neat n small features apart from that. I also get alot of sinus headaches so any widening of the passages wud be great. Tip is kinda long, but too scared to do anything with that. Seen too many bad pix of botch jobs.

Ashlee got her chin done and eye lids lifted also, thats what makes her so diff looking too. I think she looks gorgeous now. So many celebs have had nose jobs you don't even realise till you see before after pics.

http://www.goodplasticsurgery.com/archives/004700.htmll

Papillon, Do you know where your friend went n was it expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Me too, my ears kinda stick out so went them slighty reduced and pinned back. Anyone got an idea of the cost???

I know people say your fine and all that, but for the person themselves, if you dont like somethin about you, you hardly ever learn to like it, so correctin it would be a major confidence boost imo

thanks

About €2000 according to a friend who looked into it.

2000 for ear pinning back?? that's ludicrous! I think rhinoplasty is like 5000 r sumthn

I already said that. Its just over the €5000 mark in blackrock.

do you kno any one that got it done in blackrock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 failurebydesign

Hey, I got breast implants at Auralia, I definately recommend making a consultation with the doctor there. I was very impressed with him. He gave me exactly what I wanted. :) Good luck!

Where's this now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Lil Kitten wrote:
    2000 for ear pinning back?? that's ludicrous! I think rhinoplasty is like 5000 r sumthn

Oh yeah totally, it shouldn't be more than 500 quid, I mean you're only paying for the surgeons, the anaesthetist, the theatre nurses, the hire of the operating theatre (as many surgeons are renting consulting rooms in hospitals).

2000 euro for all that, what a rip off. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 failurebydesign

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Where's this now?

http://www.auralia.ie/

The surgeries are carried out in Dublin but they do consults in Kilkenny and Limerick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Papillon, Do you know where your friend went n was it expensive?

Unfortunately for you, she's American but has lived in Switzerland for 8 years, so she had it done there! Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Cheers. I was gonna say thats grand, but its not, its 2!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

when you see some of the horror stories in magazines id always say go for the top places- I have heard that blackrock and clane are very good. I am hoping to get laser eye surgery done out in Blackrock next year I am also very tempted to get botox at a later stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 curiouskitty

hi

ive also been thinking of having a boob job done. I used to be a 34b but after having 2 children in the space of 2 years and lost quite alot of weight too ive gone down to a 32AA.

Im finding it very hard to buy bras to fit me. I can only seem to get them in black, tan or white..and they have to have some form of push up to give me a clevage..there is also a bit of loose skin too..and im only in my early 30s and dont really wan this...

Ive an appointment in Clane General Hospital next Friday morning the 1st December - does anybody have any views on this place or any other recommendations..

dont say advance cosmetic surgery cause ive been there twice..found the surgeons quite good but my god i found the girls who answer the phones and the "sales girls" a bit on relaxed side about calling back, sending out appointments etc...

I also went to Harley medical group..they charge 6k and operate out of clane.... but when i went to clane they charge 5200 - so i cant see why i would pay harley 6k to get operated in clane instead of going directly to clane and paying them the 5200k...

anyway if anybody had any advice i would really appreciate it.

thanks a million..

You could try the breast enhancing pills that make you go up a cup size. Or get progesterone supplements maybe, try naturally first. My breasts went from a 34 D to 36 DD in a year from the progesterone in Depo Provera contraceptive injection.

If you decide on surgery there was a post up here about Auralia cosmetic surgery. Don't let price be a deciding factor!

Advanced Cosmetic surgery were the only place to email me with a price quote out of everywhere I check out.

• Advertisement

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Don't let price be a deciding factor!

I agree, and its probably some of the best advice anyone considering cosmetic surgery could be given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Lil Kitten wrote:

My friend got his nose done and completely lost his sense of smell. They never warned him beforehand so be careful!

Advertisement