Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can you use both lanes to go straight over LongMile Road on Walkinstown Avenue?

Options
  • 15-11-2006 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

This morning I was coming from Ballyfermot heading towards Walkinstown. At the junction of Walkinstown Avenue and the Longmile Road a nice friendly motorist decided to give me a blast of the horn for no reason. His problem was that I was using the inside lane and he was using the outside lane and as people probably know the road merges into a single lane on the other side and I managed to merge in front of him. However I am pretty sure that you can use either lane to go straight. Can anybody confirm this? I'm 99% sure I am correct. Anyway just to piss him off I blasted my horn back and proceeded to crawl down Walkinstown Avenue :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

You were dead right. Both lanes have straight ahead arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

milltown wrote:
    You were dead right. Both lanes have straight ahead arrows.
    Thanks I was pretty sure alright that I hadn't misread the road markings for the last few months! I wouldn't mind if I swerved violently across in front of him but I didn't, I slowly edged over as ya do. He pulled up along side me and gave me the finger and then overtook on the Walkinstown Roundabout. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I have had a few altercations in traffic but I think anyone who fumes the length of Walkinstown ave. in morning traffic and "get's you back" at the far end, is probably best left to themselves. If God is good, yer man will do that to someone exactly like himself one day and get his door kicked in.

On a more sedate note; I frequently get the impression that at certain intersections, be they roundabouts, traffic lights or otherwise, there is an accepted method of use by the folk who pass through every morning or evening. You or I, on the other hand, have only the rules of the road to guide us and may upset the staus quo on the odd occasion we show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yep both lanes can be used for straight on. But there is always the invariable dice with some muppet who thinks he's in the correct lane

Advertisement