Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant load songs from PC to K800

• 15-11-2006 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

hope someone has some tips / advice....

I have a SonyEricson K800 (great phone, by the way!) but I want to put some songs from my cd onto it and use the mp3 function when I am out for a walk. But, after installing the SonyEricson software (that took several attempts!) I cant brings songs from cd over to the phone. When I try the option (disk2phone?) it says there is no phone connected, but on the prev screen (main menu?) it says it is connected (offers option to Synch pc with phone). If I change seetting on the phone itself (from 'Phone' to 'File Transfer') the main menu says I have no phone (no option to Synch now) and I cant pick the disk2phone option (or any other option) ..... sounds like catch 22!

please help! I love the idea of having a phone / radio / mp3 player all in one, but its no good if I cant get it to work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

When I am putting software from my PC to handset with this particular phone, all I do is plug the cable into my PC, then into my handset. I don't need any software to do it :D It brings up a list of option on your handset (can't remember the options) but I select the top one. From there, I copy and paste songs, themes, videos, over from my phone to handset.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

to copy songs to my k800, i make my cd's into mp3's first (all my music collection is stored like this) and just drap and drop on to the phone using my bluetooth connection, couldn't be simpler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I use a card reader and the m2 memory card, and copy over mp3s. Find it the most straight forward

The file transfer mode seemed to work well when i tried it the first few times

I did install the disc2phone stuff and it did seem to work okay, not sure i ever tried copying cd music with it though. I got rid of the software a while ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Wasn't gonna start a brand new thread just for this!

Simple (possibly verging on stupid) question. Do you need a memory card to put music on the phone. ie. Can you store mp3's on the phones internal memory? - I've tried but it just says that it cant find the memory card:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Linoge wrote:
    Wasn't gonna start a brand new thread just for this!

Simple (possibly verging on stupid) question. Do you need a memory card to put music on the phone. ie. Can you store mp3's on the phones internal memory? - I've tried but it just says that it cant find the memory card:(

You can definitely store mp3s on the internal memory and use them the same way as mp3 on the memory card. Using disc2phone software i'm not sure if there an issue copying to internal memory, if the phone is connected by usb i'd be surprised if the internal memory doesn't appear as a drive somewhere that you can copy mp3s to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Thanks for that. I gave it another shot and now its working!:-)

Advertisement