Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML assistance

Options
  • 15-11-2006 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

hope someone can help me?

Does anyone have a code for creating a search bar in simple site (intranet)
    to search for keywords of documents (.doc .xl .pdf) that are stored in the same area?

many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

HTML will set up the search bar (text box & submit button) but it is not able to perform the actual search.
    What server type are you wanting to search files for (i.e. what web programming languages does your server support)?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

what programming language are you looking for - asp, php? Will there be many documents that need to be searched?

I know in asp, you can use FSO to read files and pull out keywords but this could be a slow process with a lot of documents but a nightly crawl of your documents to index them into a database might be possible. A quick google returned this: http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/24594.html

Rgds,

Dave

Advertisement