Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MF-ing PS3 hawkers!

Options
  • 15-11-2006 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

Yes boys & girls, the PS3 launch data is in. And it's just like everyone expected -- full of hawkers! :mad:
    • Total Hardware Sales: 81'639
    • PlayStation 3 60 GB: 45'774
    • PlayStation 3 20 GB: 35'865
    Software sales:
    • Ridge Racer 7: 21'654
    • Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight: 21'309
    • Resistance: Fall of Man: 13'545
    • Genji: Days of the Blade: 8'766
    • Sega Golf Club: 1'410

In other words, 66'684 games sold alongside 81'639 consoles...
    Discuss :D
    (all info from Kotaku)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Colour me unsurprised. TBH the clever ones are selling them on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

And given that most people will buy more than one game, that's pretty bloody bad.

I must admit, after buying my 360 in August I loved it but if someone offered me crazy money for it, I would've handed it over.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

After the experience of the 360 launch you'd be mad not to consider ebaying a new and newly sold out console (although the profit possible for European sellers in March won't be nearly as much as it might have been with a proper worldwide launch).

It's easy money tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I like the comparison images going up over ridge racer 7 compared to the 360 version. Causes an unholy amount of fanboy squeeling from both sides.

My personal favourite being.

PS3 fanboy: But its a launch title squeeel that havnt had long to get to grips with the system, yo ucant compare a second generation 360 title to a launch title.

*cough*

Wasnt Ridge Racer 6 a 360 laucnh title as well?

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    I like the comparison images going up over ridge racer 7 compared to the 360 version. Causes an unholy amount of fanboy squeeling from both sides.

My personal favourite being.

PS3 fanboy: But its a launch title squeeel that havnt had long to get to grips with the system, yo ucant compare a second generation 360 title to a launch title.

*cough*

Wasnt Ridge Racer 6 a 360 laucnh title as well?

Got a link? Sounds like a good laugh anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

flogen wrote:
    Got a link? Sounds like a good laugh anyway...

From the wholly unbiased 'Microsoft is Awesome' :rolleyes:
    http://microsoftisawesome.blogspot.com/2006/11/xbox-360-has-better-graphics-than-ps3.html

Another
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42355

I don't think ports are necessarily that indicative of the systems total power. Given how much of a pig the PS3 is to develop for (apparently), one would expect a it's grunt to be offset by the difficulty in optimising games for it.

Should we expect better results from exclusive titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If idiots are willing to pay $2000 for a console with nothing worth playing, they deserve to be ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Brilliant... buying something for the sole reason of selling it at an inflated price :mad:

Fidelis wrote:
    Brilliant... buying something for the sole reason of selling it at an inflated price :mad:

Welcome to the world of viable businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Ugh, I was clearly referring to the situation on eBay where your average Joe Bloggs buys a PS3 with no intention of playing it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

with an attachment rate of about 0.7 or 0.8 thats not a good launch for sony. they make a loss on the console and need high attachment rates to get the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Seems like too many people had the same idea about selling the console on auction sites. They are selling for considerably less than we thought they would online. SOme resellers may only just make the money back:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/those-japanese-ps3-auctions-hit-reasonable-215106.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

according to eurogamer ebay have either banned sales of them or put a price cap on them.... cant remember which i saw.. their site is down at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back up now...
    First eBay US introduced restrictions on the sale of PS3s - now eBay UK has banned users from offering them altogether.

As of yesterday morning, no auctions for PS3 units or games will be allowed on the site until February 2007 - which is when pre-orders will open in Europe.

Even then, each seller will only be able to offer one PS3, and it must have been purchased within the EU. Sellers must also guarantee dispatch within 30 days, provide a photo of the purchase or pre-order receipt and can only accept payment via PayPal.

In short, if you're looking to buy a PS3 on eBay UK you're out of luck - well, er, in theory, anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

If idiots are willing to pay $2000 for a console with nothing worth playing, they deserve to be ripped off.

Yup. Darwin should be proud.

Advertisement