Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW C1 125cc or 200cc

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

TonyS wrote: »
    Cionn, It's the best thing I ever bought. I may have one for sale in a couple of weeks. 01 200 Executive 7000 miles. Email me on tsw3@eircom.net if you want to discuss. Tony

Do you really think he's still looking for one 2 years later ?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I have seen C1s and they filter okay. I can filter with my Streetrod, in fact filtering is possible with almost any bike given enough confidence and timing. A C1 will be easier to filter with, being narrower and more visible. Now I think the C1 looks stupid, but my point is that filtering is no real problem. I have seen them filter with my own eyes. People who don't are probably just inexperienced or perhaps even waiting to turn left. Perhaps there is a scary woman garda in a car ahead:D. A sub-20 Euro rainsuit takes care of precipitation for me, though it can be a little bit sweaty. Sometimes my boots get wet, but I won't be wearing indoors anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

guys, Thanks for the update however on reflection and an increased interest in bikes I ended up with a BMW F650CS. So far its been a great bike for me filtering traffic is no problem and this morning I got from Sutton to Sandyford Industrial Estate in 25 mins (not doing anything stupid either). I know compared to the C1 I get wetter but I have to say I really like the bike I consider myself officially bitten by the bug. My only bike purchase that I am thinking about now is another BMW the F800GS or the F800ST. Whatever is ends up being I rekon I have another year on the 650 happy days.

Cionn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

My girlfriend is trying to get a F650 dakar so I'm glad to hear F650 are good bikes. You get used to the rain but not ice so the C1 is out unless they make one with three wheels. I'd go for the F800ST as it's better suited to the roads and seemingly has better gear ratios for road riding.

Yeah I think the 650 is a great bike although it has to be said its my only term of reference also. One thing I love about the bikeis it's belt drive so there is no messing about with chains and sprockets, which is another plus point for the F800. Apparently the single cylinder on the 650 is pretty bulletproof so it should keep going for a long time yet. As for the cold heated grips all the way, also mine has the ABS came in very handy while learning how to ride.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thejuddo

HI Cionn,

I bought a C1 20 Executive in from N. Ireland last September, cost me the bones of three grand for a very good specimen, is very funny to look at and has been sitting in my garage ever since. I took it out for a couple of fine day spins but just couldn't take to it and I realised I'm just too old (54) to be a born again biker. On a serious note, you need very sharp reaction and decision making ability for motorbikes and your kids would like you to get some training before you take to the roads. I suppose my C1 will become a collectors item in due course and I can sell it on eBay. I plan on getting an electric bicycle!! There, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Very old thread. You are posting to someone who was here three years ago thejuddo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thejuddo

Yea, I realised about 2 seconds after posting. Dohhh! Thanks for that.

Old thread alright, but still here, I moved on from those bikes now. If your not comfortable on a bike there are two choices put some time on the road at the weekend (hopefully quieter roads) and see if that makes a difference or alternatively give it up and say it's not for you, no harm to anybody.

One thing I would say is that it's a great time of the year Tobermory on a bike i'm loving it at the moment.

54 is too old to go to a disco, not too old to start on a bike. Perfect start to a hobby that can last into your 80's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm going to be getting my Dad into biking too. It's like a hobby. He is good with the mechanical side of things too. He's in his late 50's.

It's just the IBT is so damn expensive :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement