Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Build What you think

Options
  • 15-11-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

I've tried to build the best i can for under a grand with good overclockability

i have Monitor and Case already and all peripherals that i need
    So basically i set out to get a new Mobo Cpu Graphics card Ram and PSU

i got a Core 2 duo E6700 cheap on Adverts @ 350
    artic cooling freezer 7 pro

Mobo Gigabyte P965 DS3 @160

This bundle at 275
    OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 EL XTC 2048MB Kit, DDR2, 240 Pin, 800Mhz (4-5-4-15)
    OCZ Technology Powersupply ATX 450W 120mm Fan, SATA, 20/24pin

Sapphire ATi x1950 pro 256 ddr3 @ 200

Total Cost 985. So basically i'd like to know firstly if i've got good prices. Secondly Advice on Compatability
    And Thirdly Overclocking advice woulld be greatly appreciated as i'm a newbe to this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Go onto tomsharware and youll see that, that mobo isnt very good for overclocking get the msi equivalent also that psu is nothing special

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

I think you'll have to do your research on the mobo, it's getting great reviews for over clocking all over the net. and wel the psu is the best i can afford in budget i think it will do the job but if there are better for 75€ out there i'm open to suggestions.

Just wondering is it possible to use your old psu to add to the power. i mean can you use two seperate psu's on the one board. i have an old 350 watt antec. is it possible and or safe to use it to lets say power the hard drive and dvd and floppy alone. just wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

plonk wrote:

Trust Tomshardware as far as you can throw them. Search the forums for personal information regarding mobos. Also, that PSU will probably do you fine as its pretty stable, but you are right at the edge, you might be better spending the little bit extra money now then having to buy a completely different PSU down the line. Also i'm pretty sure you can set up 2 PSUs in your system, how? I don't know, I think Gline did it before. Scout out on the net for tutorials on setting it up, oh and post the link when you do :D

Also, i'd maybe consider a better air cooler, those C2D are known to run hot, I'll be selling my cnps9500 shortly which is an all copper cooler (its got mounts for 775), alternatively any of the 12cm fan coolers will do.

• Advertisement

Well i've had to reconsider the ram and psu. komplett dicking around with there dates and it wont be in stock for another 2 weeks at least and they havent even confirmed that with there supplier. Any way i've cancelled it now ef'em. i got my ds3 and gfx in the post today but have no ramor psu, wreckhead! so i need to get a PSU and RAM fast!!!!!
    Well i've been thinking about this and i just dont know but is it better to have a lot of ram or higher speed ram. i've heard people say that the actual performance difference is relatively small considering the pricees which more than double as you near the top end of the scale. So suggestions i'm gonna say 200+ for the ram. and 50+ for the PSU as i've spoted some decent,if loud and possibly used, Value psus on dabs. so any advice would be appreciated. thanks guys!!!

Well i've added this to the system instead. cost me a bot more but i suppose it has to be done....

x G.E.I.L. 2 GB DDR2-800 Kit (PC2 - 6400, GX22GB6400UDC) 234,90 EUR
    1 x Papst 4412/F2GLLE 13,90 EUR
    1 x Sharkoon SilentStorm 120 700 Watt

Has anyone any experience with this site. there prices seem pretty good.
    www.avatronics.de

Advertisement