Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why cant i reply to a thread in the Help Desk forum

Options
  • 15-11-2006 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to reply to a post in the Help Desk forum and cant, what's up
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Only the OP, admins and SMods can reply to threads on Help Desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Faith wrote:
    Only the OP, admins and SMods can reply to threads on Help Desk.

really

dam cos the OP is getting hammered over there and i am on his side but do not support his means of arguement

thanks Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Vegeta wrote:
    really

dam cos the OP is getting hammered over there and i am on his side but do not support his means of arguement

thanks Faith

He's talking out his arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Christ finally somewhere I can talk about the **** *** ******! :D

Can he not get his point across without resorting to profanities?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Vegeta wrote:
    really

thanks Faith

That's what happens when people choose to complain on Help Desk instead of feedback. It means that they're not going to get shouted down, but nor are they going to get people supporting them.

You could always PM him and tell him that you're on his side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Vegeta wrote:
    really

thanks Faith
    Booooo! Hullabaloo FTW

On a serious note, I was going to start a thread on this two days ago, then forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

That is quite serious. I suggest going to a Doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Vegeta wrote:
    really

thanks Faith
    Are you a lawyer? The only thread where anyone got "hammered" recently is where they complained about the fact that our legal guy deleted something.

Not getting sued is already a matter of policy. If you think we should do stuff that gets us sued you should outline why you think we should have this get-sued policy in feedback.

If you're a lawyer and think the thread in question wasn't questionable you should PM our legal S-Mod.

If you just think the thread wasn't questionable but aren't a lawyer there isn't exactly much you can do, is there? (Incidentally, I didn't think the thread seemed that questionable, but I do know that hullabaloo knows a hell of a lot more about such things than I do).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Talliesin wrote:
    Are you a lawyer? The only thread where anyone got "hammered" recently is where they complained about the fact that our legal guy deleted something.

Would not be too sure about that...... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52344865&postcount=68

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

oleras wrote:
    That isn't the Help Desk forum, is it though? And Aoife-98fm is a bit of troll to be honest.

• Advertisement

That isn't the Help Desk forum, is it though? And Aoife-98fm is a bit of troll to be honest.

The only thread where anyone got "hammered" recently is........ said nothing about help forum or not....;) semantics.....

The title of the thread is "Why cant i reply to a thread in the Help Desk forum", the post that mentioned said alleged hammering said "getting hammered over there". If you said nothing about the Help Desk, then why are you posting in this thread? What bearing does your point have here?

Besides, my point isn't that I think Aoife-98fm is stupid, I don't believe her posts, I think she was trolling.

Talliesin wrote:
    The title of the thread is "Why cant i reply to a thread in the Help Desk forum", the post that mentioned said alleged hammering said "getting hammered over there". If you said nothing about the Help Desk, then why are you posting in this thread? What bearing does your point have here?

Besides, my point isn't that I think Aoife-98fm is stupid, I don't believe her posts, I think she was trolling.

My mistake then, i was under the impression i was in the feedback forum, giving feedback on your post..... now where did i leave my flog ? :D

If you're going to interpret "Feedback" in that manner, then you can consider my post to be feedback on yours too.

However if we keep giving feedback to each other in such a manner the OP's idea that he should be able to post in Help Desk isn't going to be addressed. I don't agree with his idea, but I don't think it should be ignored by letting the thread go onto a completely different topic either.

Talliesin wrote:
    If you're going to interpret "Feedback" in that manner, then you can consider my post to be feedback on yours too.

However if we keep giving feedback to each other in such a manner the OP's idea that he should be able to post in Help Desk isn't going to be addressed. I don't agree with his idea, but I don't think it should be ignored by letting the thread go onto a completely different topic either.

I agree 100%. Apologies to Vegeta if he feels this went slightly OT, but i also think his query was addressed. Once again, please excuse me.

whoa people are really getting hot and bothered here

I asked a simple question, relax. I was unaware that the Help Desk was reserved for the OP, smods and admins.

yes it was the thread where a poster challenged an s-mod about deleting his post on Playstations

Talliesin wrote:

Not getting sued is already a matter of policy. If you think we should do stuff that gets us sued you should outline why you think we should have this get-sued policy in feedback.

To start with the smod in question deleted the entire original post, non-libel with libel statements. I am 100% behind removing libel material that would get boards sued. I am 100% against complete thread "snipping"
    If you're a lawyer and think the thread in question wasn't questionable you should PM our legal S-Mod.

If you just think the thread wasn't questionable but aren't a lawyer there isn't exactly much you can do, is there? (Incidentally, I didn't think the thread seemed that questionable, but I do know that hullabaloo knows a hell of a lot more about such things than I do).

I was not aware we had lawyers here, I thought it would be barristers or solicitors

Advertisement