Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendation

• 15-11-2006 6:36pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

Im looking for a good solid reliable laptop, doesnt have to be ultra slim or have a 17 inch screen, however what I'm basically looking for are the following specs or better:

Processor: Pentium M 2.0+
    Memory: 1GB+
    Screen: 14 or 15 inch
    Hard Drive: 80GB+ (5400 or 7200)
    Screen 1280 x 768 minimum
    128MB Graphics (Not shared)
    Warranty: 3 year on site

Would be nice to get one with around a 3 hr battery life and if I could get one with a serial port, that would be an added bonus. Something that doesnt weight a ton would be nice too :D

Now, here is the catch, I'm looking all of this with a price tag of around €1100ex VAT.. not sure if this is possible, but who knows.

I have a HP NC6000 at the moment at its a lovely system but I've promised it to my sister for college and I fancy a change.

Preferred choices would be a HP, Dell or IBM (Highly unlikely or this price)

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Tox IIRC you do some consulting work? Why not setup an account with sharptext. They stock IBM laptops. Might be worth looking into.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yeah I was looking into that alright.. hence the reason I'm looking ex VAT.

A mate of mine was the warehouse supervisor with them a while back and he was saying that they dont really give much in the way of discounts for having an account with them unless I've a fairly large turnover of stock.

I found one and it looks a fairly decent spec

HP NX7400
    2.0GHz Duo
    1GB RAM
    120GB Hard Drive
    DVDRW Dual Layer
    15.4 inch Screen 1280 x 800 (WXGA)
    128MB Graphic Controller

All for the nice little sum of €1100. however its another €280 for the 3 years warranty.. so seriously thinking about it..

Tox

Advertisement