Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose me a PC!

Options
  • 15-11-2006 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Right, I've got €1100 to spend on a pc.

I was going to just get it in pcworld but have been warned off them. So, I'm thinking of komplett.ie. I don't really know about parts so, someone pick the parts for me please. Must be core 2 duo. at least 1 gig of RAM. Won't be playing very many intense games, Footie Manager, some older less gfx intensive games. REALLY good and expensive gfx card NOT needed. Must include monitor. bigger is better with the Hard-Drive as I have a huge music collection. DVD-RW is a MUST.

Flat screen monitor please.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

One thread not enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You might want to ask a mod to lock the thread in the comp/tech forum if plan on continuing the discussion here.

Anyway something like this will do. Yeah it's AMD but at the lower end there isn't that much of a difference between Core and AMD X2 & in games the difference is minimal. Plus you cannot go any lower than a Core 2 E6300.

But make the following changes in the sections when you click on "Customise with recommended options & Buy"

Under processors;
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz Socket AM2 1MB, BOXED w/fan [info] -40.05

Under graphics cards;
    XFX GeForce 7300GS 256MB DDR2, HD-ready PCI-Express, DVI-I/Tv-Out, Retail [info] +29.0

Under hard drives;
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM [info] +23.51

The total should be €787 so under monitors pick whatever fills out the remainder of your budget. For example this wide screen Samsung is popular enough.

Samsung 20" LCD Syncmaster 205BW TCO03, Silver, 1600x1050, 6ms, VGA/DVI, 700:1 [info] +304.16

Total €1091

That system should handle everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Locking this thread as OP said in his thread on Comp/Tech that he's not looking to build.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement