Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new laptop xmas

• 15-11-2006 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

so im getting a new laptop for christmas been lookin at a few online the best ive found to meet my needs is http://pcworld.ie/productDetails.aspx?productRID=1761&image=Compaq

i want somthing with around these specs just wondering does anyone else know a cheaper option although this seems pretty reasonable

thanks,
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You could always try www.dell.ie/outlet just in case there was one there that matched or exceeded that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to laptops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Steveo1983

Keep an eye on the dell outlet
    for example heres a similar spec for less although it has some small cosmetic scratches
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/DELL-PC-Laptop-LCD-Inspiron-6400-Scratched-36WCG2J_W0QQitemZ270055503729QQihZ017QQcategoryZ177QQcmdZViewItem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ive found a real nice one on dell outlet

DELL Inspiron 6400,1.73Gh,2048Mb Mem,40Gb HD,B26WH2J

currently at €540 think i would get it for €600?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Well if its from www.dell.ie/outlet then yes, but the value shown is always ex-vat

If its suits your needs get it there and then because as what happened to me, i let a very very nice laptop get away one day while in a meeting :(

• Advertisement

dell outlet on ebay

ok so it sold for 750 and im on a budget of 650 maximum which wont get me a great laptop so ill probs just end on a pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why not try Dells new AMD range.

3500+ Sempron Processors - which are actually very decent processors - with the integrated X1150 - not bad at all to be honest and much better then 90% of the other laptops you'll get in the same bracket from anywhere else.

Of course it depends what you want it for, but unless battery life is a big concern the new dells offer brilliant functionality for a pretty cheap price.

ive heard that but ive also heard the new AMD dells suck someone enlighten me

weeder wrote:
    ive heard that but ive also heard the new AMD dells suck someone enlighten me

Eh...as I just said, the Sempron Processor is quite good, in fact, much better then the Celeron in the equivilent 1300 laptops - better then some Pentium 4s as well - with a much better graphics solution to boot.

Best budget option in my opinion by a long shot - but this is assuming you want to keep it cheap.

• Advertisement

no i would be going turion 64 from dell anyway because they have a free double ram bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

AMD laptop processors arent the best so I hear. Would be better to stick with a Core Duo processor.

Jakkass wrote:
    AMD laptop processors arent the best so I hear. Would be better to stick with a Core Duo processor.

We were discussing cheaper options. Thats like saying Ah sure don't get a Nissan, Ferarris are better I hear. :D

Seriously though. Sure the Core Duos are better when you have the money to opt for a dual core laptop but in the true budget market, AMD still has Intel whipped entirely and offer far more power and performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Well Core 2 Duos are meant to be better than the Turion X2 even.

Jakkass wrote:
    Well Core 2 Duos are meant to be better than the Turion X2 even.

Yes I know that. The same point remains as above. I was talking about true budget options. :)

Advertisement