Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the range for IP addresses with BT

Options
  • 15-11-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have broadband with BT. I trying to remote desktop into a 2003 machine and my ip address needs to be added to a trusted list or something like that !

At the moment my ip is 213.202.170.165 but i think it is dynamic. The guy said to get the range of BT ip addresses so they can add the range to the trusted list.

Does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

unless you specifically requested a static address then you will have a dynamic one, which will chance from time to time, especially if you reboot your router. esat have a number of address ranges not just the one you mentioned. i dont recommend you allow the whole address range for security purposes. you best bet is to try and use some form of dynamic dns service. if your router supports this great otherwise you may need to get one that does (there may be a software equivilant, not sure) . basically with this you can register a domain name i.e home.net and then everythime your router gets an address it will update the dns record for say homecomputer.home.net

you can possibly then add the dns address homecomputer.home.net to the trusted list but again this depends on the firewall system infront of the window 2003 server , if its a decend firewall it should support DNS addresses aswell as static ip addresses.

http://www.dyndns.org

Advertisement