Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom seem to have a good competitive offer for 1mb broadband

Options
  • 15-11-2006 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Eircom are offering 1mb broadband on 6 month contract. free installation, free modem and 1 month free rental.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Others like BT have cheaper offerings, in particular in bundles with line rental and free calls), Eircom is the most expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

By eircom standards its a good deal.

You must order online thru their website in order to avail of the offer. I make it the modem must go back at the end, see details linked below.

The offer ends on Sunday next, the 20th save in the case of the €25 promotion boxes (with wireless mode included to keep ) in PC World which can be activated beyond that date .

bk is correct, you could get a BT bundle with unlimited anytime landline calls for less than line rental and 1mbit bb from eircom but eircom are copping themselves on a bit recently. This is not surprising as Comreg have reported a drastic drop in landline penetration to 69% of households which is below our competitors such as Greece.

Details here

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Cheers for replies guys. I am setting this up for my mother. I checked out BTireland but they give no details about their offers as far as I can see.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sneachta wrote:
    Cheers for replies guys. I am setting this up for my mother. I checked out BTireland but they give no details about their offers as far as I can see.

I'm doing the same for my parents at the moment.

All the BT details are here:
    http://www.esat.net/echannel/BTres.portal?_nfpb=true&homePage_actionOverride=/pageflows/homepage/showBroadbandTotalPage&_windowLabel=homePage

€45 gives you 1MB BB, Line Rental and unlimited local, national and UK landline calls at anytime.

They have 9 packages in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Thanks BK. My mam wants to try it out to see if she likes it. Eircom is only six month contract and the modem is free plus installation. Still think it is probably better deal.

Is BT contract 1 year?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

all bundles including eircom bundles are one year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Sneachta wrote:
    Thanks BK. My mam wants to try it out to see if she likes it. Eircom is only six month contract and the modem is free plus installation. Still think it is probably better deal.

Is BT contract 1 year?
    BT broadband contracts are for 6 months minimum. BT call bundles are for 12 months minimum (as are eircoms Call bundles).

BTs €35 "Broadband and Talk" bundle is actually just broadband and line rental - yu're basically paying €10.82 for 1MB broadband. It's only a 6 month contract, and standard call rates are slightly cheaper than Ts, but if you're on one of eircoms "Option" packages then BT might be cheaper or dearer - God alone knows when it comes to Eircom Options packages!

Advertisement