Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending package to the UK?

Options
  • 15-11-2006 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry probably not the right forum, its the closest I could find

I need to send a 12kg package to the UK. An post is quoting 44euro which I think is way too much. Are there any other alternatives?

I'm in Galway, would prefer to drop the parcel off somewhere instead of having to wait around for a curiour to collect it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've generally found that An Post are the cheapest for packages like that, especially if time is not critical.

But, you could always check out FedEx, UPS and such. Try their websites. If you have the size and weight you can price shipping online.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sounds OK to me for something that heavy I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Did a bit of shopping around, seems to be the best quote... Just seemed expensive, oh well

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I paid 34.75 for a 4kg parcel with an post. Makes yours sound cheap! DHL charge €50+ for <10kg parcels... Id say go with an post.

The guide I have shows 37 euro for a 5kg parcel plus 1 euro per kg after that, so your quote sounds right.

Advertisement