Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Certificate 2006 Appeals results

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd be livid if they lost my paper. Though I suppose if you'd done horribly it could be a good thing. : p

And, Killaqueen!!!, did you bother to actually read any of the thread before you replied to it? The topic was discussed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

he just roars in..............

one thing about the junior this year
    english better be easily marked again this year but i cant imagine it as SO many people got a's last year...........
    i see maths maybe been marked easier?it was a source of much contrasoruy last time round........

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

JSK 252 wrote:
    cheerio wrote:
    I don't agree at all. The vast majority of Junior Cert subjects are extremely easy. No effort is required in CSPE or religion, English is fine (once you're any way able to string a sentence together), and geography is just a joke. Maths, Irish and history do require some work, but not much. I worked in first year, but did nothing whatsoever in second or third until about a month before the exams and I got 7 As. I agree with whoever said that that can be a really bad thing because, going into fifth year I thought I wouldn't have to do any work, and so I did nothing for the whole year either. I got an A in maths in the Junior Cert, but failed almost every test I had last year. Now I'm in sixth and I really regret not working last year because I know I'm not going to get the points for my first choice which is around 520.[/QUOTE/]

Were all your As higher level?

Yeah they were, I really don't understand how I did that well because I wouldn't be all that much more intelligent than the next person. I did revise well in the few weeks coming up to the exams, and that may be what did it for me. I'm one of those people who works best under pressure. I got a D in Business in the mocks, and I was determined to do much better and I managed to get an A in the JC. It just goes to show that it's never too late to do well. So if anyone thinks that they haven't put in the work for the past few years, it's not too late to catch up if you put your mind to it.

I'd definitely advise putting extra effort into the subjects you plan to keep on for the leaving, because what you do in third year is really what your LC course will be based on, and background knowledge is very helpful.

As for getting your results rechecked, I don't really see the point unless you feel very strongly that you should have done better in a particular subject. Although English is very subjective and what one teacher thinks is terrible, another might think is fantastic.

well my leavign subjects will properly be:
    irish
    maths
    eng
    phshics
    accounting
    french
    business

migth replace business with bio though...........

General consensus in my class (5th year) is that business is easier than biology. Tis probably just down to your teacher though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'd reckon so too, on the Business front.. I do it and as long as you know your theory for the LC you'd do grand in it.

although I do prefer LC Religion to it :) even though it is harder than Business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Accounting is easier than business to get an A1 in. Thats what my business studies teacher for the junior certificate told me and he is the guy who wrote the less stress more sucess business studies book.

I was going to do accounting but opted for geography instead.

Geography's actually grand enough at the minute as well, but the physical stuff is all so boring.

i wanna do i.t. for the leaving but my school dont do it.........would i be able to do outside of schoo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

i wanna do i.t. for the leaving but my school dont do it.........would i be able to do outside of schoo?

There is no Leaving Cert I.T subject.

• Advertisement

according to wikipedia there is........but hey,its wikipedia

Try checking examinations.ie : )

I've looked into that before, it's a bit of a shame that they don't actually have an I.T exam, but hey I'm sure you have other strengths rather than I.T

also Wikipedia mentions Technology which doesn't involve I.T at all, its more in relation to making motorised machines etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

JSK 252 wrote:
    Anyone who says that they didnt study to get As in the junior cert are talking a load of b*******. Im sorry but it had to be said.
    Yes you can. I managed an A in English, Business (both HL) and CSPE with nothing more than previous night study crammed in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you can. I managed an A in English, Business (both HL) and CSPE with nothing more than previous night study crammed in.

Well good for you - let's hope you never have a child with a learning disability that makes such an achievement an impossibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

spurious wrote:
    Well good for you - let's hope you never have a child with a learning disability that makes such an achievement an impossibility.

Well said.:)

twas agreat burn.............for me,the hardest subject is history............i just find everything apart from the roman stuff REALLY BORING
    so i have to study alot for it..........but thats all i study

I found History a doddle compared to Science or Maths. still doing it in 5th year gave up all sciences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I loved history but found it hard to write long essays in the time I had. So apprently I'll find LC history a bitch but I'll try and have my writing speed faster by 6th year.

yeah it is very essay based and sometimes its hard to keep focus on the topic in the question.

• Advertisement

good i cant the questions were you write about a normal person during some event..............so boring and hard to write

Advertisement