Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Hugs Campaign

Options
  • 15-11-2006 9:10pm

I decided to scrap my 30 day project and take up one with a better idea. I am going to bring the Free Hugs Campaign (video here) to Galway. Weather permitting it should happen on Thursday the 23rd of November.

Your support would be greatly appreciated in this and anyone who would like to be hugged can join us in Shop Street at around 3.

If it is raining, we'll have to reschedule as this might damage the camera equipment being used.

Hopefully it will work in Galway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

What do ye have planned? I presume you're going to be standing around and hugging people.

But who would want to hug a stinky student like me?:(

What do ye have planned? I presume you're going to be standing around and hugging people.

Not to give much away but we'll be moving down through the pedestrianised areas hugging people in a chain-like fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Interesting. I and friends have given away a good bit of free hugs being given a few different things over the years (like reclaim the streets and stuff). We had signs too. Sometimes happens around fresher's week in my college as well. I didn't know there was an organised international campaign though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

It became big through some guy here in Sydney who along with his mates in a band put together a music video and put it on Youtube , and it became a hit .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You're not the same lads who were offering free hugs near the entrance to the Red campsite on the last night of Electric Picnic are ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Pah, knew you wouldn't last :p How long did you make it?

grasshopa wrote:
    Pah, knew you wouldn't last :p How long did you make it?

Not long. Realised I had no idea how to make it into a documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

theres a similar campaign going on in carlow tho its nearly over.

the guy is on boards, whersmejumpa.

its kinda like yours except its for group hugs. they have like a secretary and PR agent and junior CEO and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Just keep that touchy feely crap away from me, god dam hippeh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Damn straight.

Advertisement