Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What could I get for this?

Options
  • 15-11-2006 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Due to me buying a van soon, I've put my car up for sale herehttp://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=10636&cat=2. The price tag is optimistic but haggling is always welcome from me.

I paid I think it was €650 for it last year and it hasn't had much abuse since. It's a fine car and has never let me down.

The van I'm hopefully going to be buying tomorrow is listed at 3K but I was told 2.7 would be ok. I'd ideally like to give the car to the dealer because that would mean I could drive down tomorrow and get a reduced price from the 2.7. Although if I can get say 100+ more selling private, I'd prefer that.

What price should I expect if I'm giving the dealer my Fiesta and what could I expect to get for it privately do you folk reckon? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

what you would get from a dealer, me thinks a laugh, dont think hed be interested,maby im wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

Well i wouldnt agree with the guy above me, a main dealer wont take it but for a 2.7k van a second hand dealer might take a trade in of a old fiesta. They're not bad little yokes, if a bit on the slow side.
    Dealer probably give you 300 to 500 for it dependind on if he thinks he'll sell it.
    Privately, i'd say youll get 600 to 700 for it if you hold on for a good price seeing as it has a bit of tax and a long bit of nct.

Not all dealers would laugh at you as the poster above me seems to suggest. A honda main dealer offered me 750 off the price of a second hand jeep if i traded in my battered old granada.... so there's hope for you yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A honda main dealer offered me 750 off the price of a second hand jeep if i traded in my battered old granada.... so there's hope for you yet

You could have knocked that 750 off the price for cash - the dealer probably just wanted to clinch the sale!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm getting the van checked by carcheck.ie, if they say it's worth more than the 2,700, I'll accept less for the Fiesta, but hopefully I can get it knocked down to about 2000-2200. Would make things a lot easier if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You'd probably end up paying the same with the fiesta, as the trade in would come off the listed €3,000 price, not off the cash deal price of €2,700.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

If you could afford to do it try and keep it. I know what a pain in the arse it can be having a van as your main mode of transport

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there is no way a dealer will give €500 for that. unless he's insane.

Advertisement