Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB and Win98

Options
  • 16-11-2006 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me if this is possible. I have a Win98 pc (yes there are still some around), and am considering Eircom Bundle. I have a Wireless PC adaptor card with is Win98 compatible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I have a Wireless PC adaptor card with is Win98 compatible.
    Yes. That's all you really had to worry about. (provided it's compatible: which it, in all likelihood, is.)

Aside: Just make sure that you have anti-virus, and anti-spyware and a decent firewall software installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

and maybe makre sure you have enough ram and to be safe get more?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you use a real cabled ethernet card even DOS with 640K of RAM will work on Internet. (Only about 400K free when you load TCP/IP) (though browsing is no fun).

WfWG3.11 32 bit TCP/IP stack also works with ethernet. You need OLD browsers though!

Win3.1, Win3.11 and WinFor Wrogroups 3.11, Win95, Win98 and Win 98SE have all been used by me to access Internet via ethernet card.

Wireless Netoweing with WEP or WPA can be tricker. Win98SE and COMPATIBLE card is recommended.

Win 98SE is better than WinME :)

Avoid USB networking or USB modems, esp before Win98SE

Advertisement