Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Free Car/bike Ads

Options
  • 16-11-2006 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Carbuyer.ie - Similar to carzone and cbg but free.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

except the search is like CBG - it's crap... it lists loads of cars that aren't there... Carzone only lists the makes and models that are on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

who cares about the free site.its got no rating on the net whereas carzone has a rating of Traffic Rank for carzone.ie: 26,123
    so whats the point when no one will go onto that site

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

logoys4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Hi Lads.

It's my site, I'm trying to get it out there.

Got sick of paying 30quid plus just to try sell my bike every few months.

Anyway dre, there's a very high proportion of hits per ad as It's only gone live recently and there isn't many vehicles on it yet. Might change that search feature too when I get a chance Steve, good spot.

another point... don't talk about hits, unique visitors is what people really want to know.

good luck with it but be warned, there are new car advert sites that pop up all the time and don't make it because dealers are happy with the advertising tool they have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

RoadRunner wrote:
    Hi Lads.

It's my site, I'm trying to get it out there.

Got sick of paying 30quid plus just to try sell my bike every few months.

Anyway dre, there's a very high proportion of hits per ad as It's only gone live recently and there isn't many vehicles on it yet. Might change that search feature too when I get a chance Steve, good spot.
    Goodluck with the venture, I will have a car for sale in december so will put it up and see if it sells.also will you be putting adverts on the site because how will you generate some cash.Or set a advert fee of 10 euro to cover your costs.

drdre wrote:
    Goodluck with the venture, I will have a car for sale in december so will put it up and see if it sells.also will you be putting adverts on the site because how will you generate some cash.Or set a advert fee of 10 euro to cover your costs.
    you have to get the traffic before you can charge for advers... that's why he's here i presume.

drdre wrote:

Thanks Dre. More then welcome to use it.

Private users have the option to place a premium ad or a free ad. Premium ads are still quite cheap @7.50. I'm only looking to cover my costs for the server and stuff at the start really.

(pop me a quick pm if you do stick the car up and I'll change it to premium for ya for free)

steve06 wrote:
    you have to get the traffic before you can charge for advers... that's why he's here i presume.

I gotta make sure people buy any cars/bikes that are advertised. No use otherwise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I thought this thread was about free bikes and cars. Harumph!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think I'll leave this spam here unless anyone (else) objects given that it is a relatively helpful site for motorists.

Advertisement