Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Wired Network - need someone to do some crimping

Options
  • 16-11-2006 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for advise where to find someone to do some crimping work at a house in Castleknock, Dublin 15.

There is cat5 throughout the house at the moment (currently used for telephones) but want to change the faceplates to rj45 jacks and have the cables crimped in the attic to connect to a switch.

Its not a massive job but looking to find someone to do it for us. Can anyone recommend anyone? Willing to pay well. Should only take about 2-4 hours max.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Is it a star or ring topology. i.e. does every socket terminate in the attic or are some connected to other sockets (very common for socket extensions)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

No every socket has its own cable going back to the attic

Ah then it is only a couple of hours job. Do you have the socket fittings or would you want them supplied too?
    I can do this type of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

we have them on order to match what is in the house at the moment. Their crome.

Would you be interested in the job? :)

Sure, no bother. Send me a PM and we can work something out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement