Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hail Mary

Options
  • 16-11-2006 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Ive called it a hail mary as im guessin thats what it is!!!
    I was recently asked by someone i know would it be possible to import/purchase a military surplus rifle for the purposes of target shooting. I remember someone i was talking to mentioning you can get the .303 Lee Enfield somewhere for target shooting, however it was in passing and think it might have been waffle!! If you could shed some light on this, anybody, it would be a great help. !!Sparks??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I don't see why not. There's already an SL-8 in the country and if you can import the soon-to-be-standard-US-army-rifle, there's no reason a smelly should be off the books.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Sparks wrote:
    I don't see why not. There's already an SL-8 in the country and if you can import the soon-to-be-standard-US-army-rifle, there's no reason a smelly should be off the books.

SL-8 the soon-to-be-standard-US-army-rifle??!!

mmmmm SL-8 wouldn't mind one of them my self but you would really burn through the ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

Sparks wrote:
    There's already an SL-8 in the country .

I dont mean to hi-jack this thread ,just curious i've seen this kind of statement before and was wondering how people know whats been licenced is there a list of firearm types somewhere or do you just know some one that has one:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

de_shadow wrote:
    I dont mean to hi-jack this thread ,just curious i've seen this kind of statement before and was wondering how people know whats been licenced is there a list of firearm types somewhere or do you just know some one that has one:confused:
    Obviously there's a list with the Gardai, but it is (or it bloody well should be) confidential. I just know of that SL-8 because of a mention of it on the CODPC website.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

de_shadow wrote:

Shooting world is small enough and this of course:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=260271

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Doubt very much that the SL8 will be the next US army rifle.More like a re made upper with a gas piuston assembly by HKor the new FN SCAR.You would have two chances of getting an FN SCAR and more of a chance getting an AR15 in in civvie mode.Idonlikedelookodat rules apply.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Just to clarify things a little. The SL8 mentioned on the CDPC Website was not licenced to any of our shooters. These rifles was supplied by the organisers of the competition in Germany for the shooting event. This ensures everyone shooting in the competition is using the same rifle. Great for us international visitors not having to bring our own guns. It was the same at the Messel shoot last year. The organisers (US Army ) supplied the shoot with the M16A2 rifle.

Advertisement