Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh for God sake

Options
  • 16-11-2006 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

So there i was in work the other day when these women passed my by wearing...........you guessed it PYJAMAS, come on it was 1pm, i thought previous threads about this "Phenomenon" was either a piss take of Dublin or it was true and was just restricted to Dublin as it happens alot up there they say, well now ive seen it all, anybody else seen this yet? sad.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Were they hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dublin is a year after NYC, we are 6 months after Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Steyr wrote:
    anybody else seen this yet? sad.:confused:
    Saw it a few times driving through Summerhill Parade, two in pjs and slippers coming out of the chippy around 5pm.

Like you OP, I didn't believe it till I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

What's the point? Is it a fashion statement of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

biko wrote:
    Dublin is a year after NYC, we are 6 months after Dublin.

Funny, I always thought we were at least 25 years after Europe..But maybe time runs faster in fashion...

Seen them as well, in the Salthill area - I was very tempted to stop and ask the girl if she was lost, or broke out of a hospital ward or something...

Apart from pyjamas looking very stupid when worn outside (same goes for tracksuits if you're not training, but that's a whole other can of worms in this country) - isn't it cold as well????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Women don't feel the cold when it comes to fashion. Coming into college this morning I saw plenty of girls wearing skirts - now I ain't complaining - but I'd imagine they'd be pretty cold.
    AS for pyjamas outside wrong, wrong, wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I blame Roisin Ingle. She wrote a big article in last Saturday's Irish Times magazine about the pyjama craze, complete with pictures of 3 pyjama clad girls on the front page. As soon as I saw it I thought " uh oh...this is gonna spread like...like some nasty spreadin' thing now".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tiggs

OMG Only last nite I was having this same dilema with myself!!! I am FED UP seeing people in PJ's - its not that difficult to throw on a pair or trakky bottoms or jeans!!! really now is it!!!

I was in a newsagent/chipper and one girl came in to get "20 johnny blues" in her feckin pj's then seconds later another one comes in to get 15... now here was I thinking they were together as in.. in the same car... but no they were 2 diff people not connections!!!

IT FREAKS ME OUT!!!!!!!!!! WHERE PROPER CLOTHES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Its scummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I still refuse to believe people are wearing pyjamas as normal clothes.
    I will continue to believe you are all seeing things until i see it for myself.
    Then i will lose my faith in the human race. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Next thing we'll have the even lazy ones with the skirts over the pj's haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I wouldn't normally encourage arson/pyro-assault, but testing the flammability of said sleeping garments may aid in dissuading such inappropriate usage.

Darwin Knows Best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

i seen a lady of the "travelling community" drop of her children to school one morning in her pj's. twas a fine sight alright:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Why is everyone getting so worked up about it?

There are constant pyjama parties and fund raising things going on... it's no that big a deal.

Oh my god.. someone in their pyjamas... would you rather see a 55 year old balding fat man strolling around nude, his tassel gently swaying from left to right in the breeze?

Oh my god.. someone in their pyjamas... would you rather see a 55 year old balding fat man strolling around nude, his tassel gently swaying from left to right in the breeze?

PJ's at home, nudies at the beaches! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Oh, Hugh's manatee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭last_orders

i first saw these pj girls last may when i was working on a site around the corner from the indo building on talbot street in dublin, i saw that they were girls from the flats nipping out to the newsagents. i jus presumed it was just laziness on the girls behalf not bothering to get properly dressed for a 5 min trip. if loads of people start doing it would it be considered an irish 'chav' fashion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Terrible carry on if you ask me!The rest of us manage to get dressed in the morning, what makes them so special? And its far to cold to be wandering round in pyjamas...oh god im starting to sound like my mother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it makes me happy when it's wet and you can see that the water has soaked up as far as their knees (same as when you see them skanky velour tracksuits), while due to the wonders of gore tex and proper trousers i'm dry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Are they allowed to go to work dressed like that?
    Oh wait, hippies don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

hippies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

They seem to act like hippies to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It's a fad. It will come and it will go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

ha ha ha ha youve got to be joking right? no i guess im wrong who in their right mind would step outside in their pyjamas? ffs its the total height of laziness if u ask me! do they even brush their hair? are they not ashamed ahhhhhhhhh! whats the world coming to?

3 of them n Dunnes Westside the other day ( Friday ) age id say between 22-28:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Key words there are "Dunnes" & "Westside"

Asok wrote:
    Key words there are "Dunnes" & "Westside"

A ha ha ha ha ha your funny, did you come up with that yourself? Seriously? Did you?:eek: Its everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

We were heading into cps a few months ago and these girls skiped the que ,we got chatting to them but they were pure up them selfs then my friend noticed they were wearing pjs ,me and him started to slag her off but i dont t think she heard us?they were defenitly pjs . Who wears pjs into a night club come on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

We were heading into cps a few months ago and these girls skiped the que ,we got chatting to them but they were pure up them selfs then my friend noticed they were wearing pjs ,me and him started to slag her off but i dont t think she heard us?they were defenitly pjs . Who wears pjs into a night club come on!!

Maybe they're dyslexic and thought they were going to a night bluc.

Advertisement