Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new rabbitt

Options
  • 16-11-2006 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

our rabbit is now about 11-12 weeks old, does anyone have a clue when she should be vacinated, and any suggestions on good vets in dublin? Shes also still very shy, when shes out of her hutch and no one is near her she runs around and hops about. but if we go near her she runs away and is we try pick her up she struggles a lot! any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It just takes a bit of time for them to trust you, I'm sure she'll be fine after a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Your bunny can have her first vax against Myxomatosis now, after the vets gives her a health check which is standard but just make sure they do.
    Then 2 wks later (no sooner) she can be vaxd for VHD and that's her done for the year.
    She can also be booked in for a spay when she is 6 months old, seeing as she's a lone bunny 6 months would be fine to wait until she's good and strong and able for the op.

Not sure of any Dub vets they're are bound to be a few that are used to dealing with rabbits but I do know there are some in Bray, Bray vet or Bairbre O'Malley. Mabey someone else on the board can recommend a Dub. based smallie vet.

Shyness wise, she might be for some time, just give her time and offer her tasty food to encourage her out like carrot, broccoli, cauliflower and a small amount of well washed herb like thyme or oregano might win her over.
    If you do go to the vets in Bray be sure to try and get some Timothy hay I think they still stock it, it smells so good you would nearly put it on yer samdwiches and bunnies love it, it's a bit pricey last time it was about 6.50 a bag but for one bun it will last a good while if fed as a treat along side regular hay.

Advertisement