Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport to Abbey Street Upper, 1.5 hour?

Options
  • 16-11-2006 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Need some help here.
    Have interview at 26/30 Abbey Street Upper, Chapter Hse at 9am. If i fly from Kerry, i'll be into Dub airport at 7.10am arrcording to Aer Arran, but we'll say half7, those turboprops can be slow!
    Will i make Abbey St for 9am and what would be the best way to get there, taxi etc? (its a Mon morn if any diff)
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

beherenow wrote:
    Need some help here.
    Have interview at 26/30 Abbey Street Upper, Chapter Hse at 9am. If i fly from Kerry, i'll be into Dub airport at 7.10am arrcording to Aer Arran, but we'll say half7, those turboprops can be slow!
    Will i make Abbey St for 9am and what would be the best way to get there, taxi etc? (its a Mon morn if any diff)
    Many thanks
    At this time of the morning it will be quite busy... you should make it if you take a taxi (using bus lanes), but there are things you can't account for - like crashes!

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ryaner77

get the airlink into town, should only take about 45 mins in bus lane and then hop on luas up to chapter house, it stops outside !

should easily make it but then you cant account for everything !

Taxi will cost alot !

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

ok, cheers. Airlink looks like the option i guess.. If any other suggestions feel free.
    Cheers for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Airlink? I suppose is an option. But, I would seriously recommend the vastly superior Aircoach service, I have used it several times myself and it is the best on offer by a country mile. It will leave you in O'Connell st. which is about 3 mins from the part of abbey st that you want to be.

Hope this helps.

http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.leopardstown.php

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Get the Aircoach from Bus Stop 5. It's located across the road from the arrivals doors near the entrance to the short term multi-storey car park. It leaves every 15 minutes and costs €12 return. You can get either the Ballsbridge or Leopardstown route as both go via O'Connell Street.

The Aircoach will leave you on the left hand carriageway of O'Connell Street at the Gresham Hotel. You will need to cross to the other side and make you way southbound (i.e. towards the Liffey) to the junction with Upper Abbey Street on the right hand side. It crosses O'Connell Street at Supermacs. About 3 or 4 minutes walk to Chapter house.

You should have plenty of time unless there is a catastrophe. :eek: Good luck with the interview. :)

PS - Get the Aircoach back to the airport on O'Connell Street at the Royal Dublin Hotel (northbound - opposite the Gresham). It will leave you off in the arrivals road (downstairs). Departures level is upstairs on first floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

Many thanks for the detailed reply. Should be sorted with that info.
    Cheers. Not lookin forward to the aer arran turboprop, jet engine any day...!
    Thanks again

Advertisement