Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Directions

Options
  • 16-11-2006 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Freinds;

I will start driving my car to work next week after I finlized the insurance,taxex....

so what is the best way to go from Charlesland to Blackrock?? I think I have to go from N11; so do i have to drive through greystones to reach N11?? any shortcuts??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i reckon you'd be best off avoiding the town itself and head up past the rugby club, on towards delgany, under 'Barry's Bridge' and on to the N11 that way - you'll avoid greystones town, and windgates/southern cross regions. Depending on the time you plan to leave it it should be ok. You do kinda need to be on the n11 before or close to 7 to avoid the traffic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

MY work starts at 9:00; I think the trip to blackrock would take 45 min, correct??

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

mmalaka wrote:
    MY work starts at 9:00; I think the trip to blackrock would take 45 min, correct??

I go to Dun Laoghaire and I leave charlesland at 8ish and get to the cherryword exit for about 8.20 - 8.30, unless there is an accident of course!

what is the best exist from N11 to Blackrock/stillorgan road??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I suppose it depends where in Blackrock you work! I work the Blackrock end of Carysfort Avenue. I used to turn off the N11 opposite Cornelscourt (sorry I'm dyabolical at remembering names of roads!). I recently stopped going this way because the traffic coming up to Blackrock on the Rock Road was very bad. I now take the Newtownpark avenue turn. It's the one opposite the left you would take to Sandyford.

• Advertisement

I work in Avoca Avenue; I have been told to take the exist that would lead to Horse race place they told me to follow the horse sign:) and from there to go to stillorgan road...etc

Advertisement