Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labels and radio buttons overlapping on Widescreen laptops browser

Options
  • 16-11-2006 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    am testing a web based application for my company and as per the norm i test at different resolutions with IE5.5/6/7 on a normal CRT monitor. the application is developed in VB .Net.
    then the other day one of our sales guys comes back to me saying what the hell is wrong with the application, there are radio buttons overlapping swaplists and labels. and sure enough they were. his new dell laptop is widescreen. the application looks bad on it for a UI point of view. i check the same site on a normal CRT and its fine. so the widescreen is screwing up the output of the page.
    we have other widescreen laptops in the company and no one has ever seen this before.
    is this a known problem?
    could it be a browser setting?
    should i consider widescreen testing along with my other tests?

any ideas would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

What resolution is the laptop running in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

it has a NVIDIA driver running at 1024 X 768 resolution.

it is set to NVIDIA Scaled. if i change the Scaled settings to NVIDIA fixed to 4:3 ratio its still the same and also on standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

There should be a native resolution similar to 1080 * 800 or something .. try it in that

Advertisement