Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio not saving presets

Options
  • 16-11-2006 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently bought a GTI 2000 1.8 golf. There was only the standard tape deck in it so I went out and bought myself a new Sony Xplod stereo. It plays MP3's, has an aux port etc etc.... Seems pretty cool.

However, after installing it last night I found that it doesn't remember the preset stations correctly. For example, I save 104.4 as preset #5 and when I go back to the radio after the car's been off and turn on preset #5 it comes up as either 87.5 (the default I assume) or 104.00 (slightly off the stored frequency)

Can anybody shed some light on this problem for me? :confused:

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Pull the radio out of the dash again, and swap around the red and yellow wires (they should have connectors built-in to allow you to do that). It's because the ISO standard isn't quite the same on all cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

You're 12v memory wire isn't connected properly. I think on some radios you need to switch it with the 12v switched ignition wire.

EDIT - what Franksm said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Right, so you reckon it's as easy as that?

Cool, I'll give it a shot when I'm home from work. Thanks guys. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

it should take its main from the battery not the ignition.. As other poster said swap red & yellow lines..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Chunks wrote:
    Right, so you reckon it's as easy as that?

Cool, I'll give it a shot when I'm home from work. Thanks guys. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Yeh it is as easy as that....they have nice little bullet connections too so no snippin wires....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

am I right in saying the red wire is the fused one from the battery that needs to be connected for the memory pre-sets. The yellow wire is the one from the ignition. Sounds like you have not connected the red wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

franksm wrote:
    Pull the radio out of the dash again, and swap around the red and yellow wires (they should have connectors built-in to allow you to do that). It's because the ISO standard isn't quite the same on all cars

Spot on, same thing happened with mine, was grand with the wires swapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

franksm wrote:
    swap around the red and yellow wires

Puyfect! It worked a treat. Thanks for all the help

Advertisement