Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airis T920 DivX Hack

• 16-11-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

This deserves it's own thread as the other one was originally a comparison between the two units mentioned.
    I don't have my unit 24Hrs yet so I'm still winging it.

OK. You have bought your Airis T920 (Cheapest from Pixmania).
    It can be used as a Win CE Computer by doing the following.

1) Turn off the unit using the bottom slide switch.

2) Turn on unit and hold the side power button while it is booting. This will bring up the error message "Error: There is no DM in SD Card".

3) Click on 'Si' and you are into Windows CE.

To play DivX movies you will need the TCPMP player. Extract the 'tcpmp.arm_ce3.cab' to your SD card and run it. That will play MP3's, Movies, Show JPEG's etc. The menu's can be changed to english from the options menu. Also you will need to reduce the video quality to get smooth playback. It is still a good picture.

Feel free to add things as you discover them.

Cal.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

When I try to run that cab file I get to the stage where it asks (I think) where I want to install the package. Was stuck for a while as I couldn't find an option to confirm the default directory. For the other noobs like me you can do this by bringing up the onscreen keyboard and clicking enter.

Watching Lost on it now. No sound as it didn't support the particular codec used here, but that was a weird version anyway. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

To Remove the Clicking Sound
    dal wrote:
    Was looking on some french forums on how to suppress the clicking. It looks like it isn't a sound file but you can turn it off by going into the windows registry. Below I have translated the post I found:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume]
    "Key"=dword:00010002
    "Screen"=dword:00010002
    "Mute"=dword:00000007
    "Volume"=dword:99999999

You have to change the key "Screen" and set its value to 0 (zero) for no sound or 1 for a quieter clicking

After this do a soft reset

The modification is permanent [DAL:I assume you can change it back though]

For the registry editor, you can use Microsoft Powertoys which has Pocket Registry Editor

Microsoft Powertoys for H/PC Pro ver. 3.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...andheldpc.mspx

[DAL: Back to me now]

I haven't actually tried this as I don't have my Airis yet (another 2 weeks wait!). If anyone tries , let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Can anyone confirm, does this unit navigate with sound or is it graphical only ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

It has sound too.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thanks for the divx hack Cal, I had an episode of Family Guy playing on mine yesterday, never thought it would do that. I have a 1G SD card so I must get a larger one now and fill with mp3s.

The corecodec site seems to be down at the moment too but the TCPMP player can be found here too.

I can't get the click hack above to work though. Changed the registry setting yesterday but it still clicks on the screen tap. Not that it's much of a problem in normal use, but now that I have the WinCE and mediaplayer interface I could be clicking it more often.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote:

I can't get the click hack above to work though. Changed the registry setting yesterday but it still clicks on the screen tap. Not that it's much of a problem in normal use, but now that I have the WinCE and mediaplayer interface I could be clicking it more often.

If you enter the control panel (after doing the registry change) and the sound setting (at the bottom). Then just click 'Si' and the click will be gone.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

There is a list of compatible applications to stick on your t920 (through WinCE) over Here. Its in french, but most of the apps have english names so you should be able to figure out what they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Are the above apps useful with the airis? Any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is there any way to make Microsoft CE English and not Spanish:confused:

Is TCPMP the only program that will run on it? Will windows media player classic work? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've installed the TCMP thingy but it seems every time I turn the Windows CE back on, it's gone:confused:

Do you run the cab file from the AIRIS or from a pc while the SD card is plugged in?

And where do you do the reg edit for the clicking sound aswell?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

cormie wrote:
    I've installed the TCMP thingy but it seems every time I turn the Windows CE back on, it's gone:confused:

Do you run the cab file from the AIRIS or from a pc while the SD card is plugged in?

And where do you do the reg edit for the clicking sound aswell?

:)
    There's no need to turn off the unit each time (using the slider on the bottom).....just press and hold the black button on the side.
    Then to use the divx player, just press exit in the menu of the Route 66 software....
    To get back to the Route 66 software, create a desktop shortcut to it so you can easily flick between each application. (Hope that makes sense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Got mine on saturday. Fantastic product..
    We got them in in work & at first I was a bit uneasy bout it..
    Took it for a spin during lunch and I was sold within the first mile..
    Didnt even bring it back in!
    Bought it for €247 at my price.

Have the media player setup, ordered a 2GB SD Card Today from Fuji (€48),
    will have wednesday..

Will load up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

got the hack working here on mine,class hack.got a 4 gig sd card from dabs for €58 and works perfect in it,movies galore for my trips now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Cal wrote:
    The menu's can be changed to english from the options menu.

Cal.
    Can you give me steps on how to do this? Currently I boot into Windows CE go to the Control panel and click regional setting then select English (Ireland) from the list then click Sì but this dose not change anything :-(

Thanks

jessy wrote:
    Can you give me steps on how to do this? Currently I boot into Windows CE go to the Control panel and click regional setting then select English (Ireland) from the list then click Sì but this dose not change anything :-(

Thanks

It is not possible to change Windows CE to English. only to change the menus within the DivX player.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 XDA2prisoner

Yep registry tweak for Sound clicks works a treat and can be backed out,

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

has a registry editor for various devices the one fot the Airis is the HandHeld PC Pro, 2000 (ARM) in the drop down box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rosiek25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonPiano

Thank you rosiek25 for bringing some life into the Airis T920

Advertisement