Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic on Alfie Byrne road this morning?

Options
  • 16-11-2006 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know whay there was a larger than usual delay getting across the Alfie Byrne this morning? Took me 1 hour to get from the dollymount house to The Yacht. I think there might have been an accident at the entrance to the east piont does anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Richmond Road was close due to a fire and I'm sure this had a knock on effect all around the place.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There does not have to be a reason why traffic turns bad in this city anymore,sometimes it can just be heavy volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

There was a fire on the Richmond Road? What went up?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dub13 wrote:
    There does not have to be a reason why traffic turns bad in this city anymore,sometimes it can just be heavy volume.
    There's *always* a reason. But this can be anything from "fire on the northside" to "little old lady took five minutes to make a right turn, 45 minutes ago, holding up everything in a four mile radius".

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sunnyjim wrote:
    There was a fire on the Richmond Road? What went up?
    Dublin house fire claims one life
    16/11/2006 - 11:50:29

One person has died following a massive house fire in the Drumcondra area of north Dublin this morning.

A number of neighbouring homes were evacuated at the height of the blaze, which broke out around 5am in the Richmond Road/Gracepark Road area.

The area was closed to traffic for some time and remains sealed off pending technical examinations.

A post mortem will be carried out on the remains of the victim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Thank you. It was a homeless man living in a boarded up house. It was up the road from where I work on Richmond Rd.

Advertisement