Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Gardens in Galway

Options
  • 16-11-2006 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I'm heading to Galway city in a few weeks to meet some friends I haven't seen in ages. A few of the group are smokers and would like a beer garden, only thing is I don't know Galway that well! Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Massimos, Roisin Dubh (they even have heaters now!), The Front Door.

They're my spontaneous suggestions, anyway. I'm sure I can come up with more pubs during the day...;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Seeing as the weather here will be pretty cold and possibly wet so you'll probably want to stay away from the places on Shop Street who just put a few small tables outside with a small cloth cover and call it a smoking area. The best actual beer gardens I've come across here are Massimos, The Blue Note (both on William Street) and Murt Rabbittes on Forster Street. These places have a decent sized smoking area that's sheltered well and heated. Enjoy your visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tartopher

Thanks for that. Now I have a selection for them. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jasonh

The Drew Drop Inn has an excellent smoking area, nice and warm as well with seats, tables, etc...
    Plus the guinness is very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 roslumbago

i'd recommend murty rabbittes beer garden tho the pub is empty all the time (prob cos the owner is a pompous git)..The best beer garden however is out in Salthill beside a knackers estate...Its called The Cottage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

The Blue Note's smoking area is the best I've seen, you'd swear that you were inside its so good. It realy does push the limit of the law.

Decent pub too, even though one of the bar men was a comlete muppet to me on more than one occaision; in the que for a drink 10 mins, girl walks up beside me, bar man looks at our direction, I order, as it was my turn to be served and I was told to shut up and not to skip the que and then served the girl.

I know that this is a fact of life for lads but didn't like being told to shut up. The bloody bítch could have been honest and actually back me up and told him I was next but no, she ordered her round. Bítch:mad:

....anyway, went off on a tangent, I still go there and smoke there and make it a point to tip all the other staff in front of that muppet.

Advertisement