Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend South Dublin Spray Paint / Repair shop please!

Options
  • 16-11-2006 12:21pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I parked beside a building site and got little drops of cement splashed all over my paint. It turns out it happend to some other people too and they claimed off the builder and got it repaired. I need to get a quote or two for the repair before I go to the builder. One of the guys got it repaired by http://www.gerrymaguire.com/ - aparently they are very good and do all the repairs for Maxwell Motors in Blackrock.

Can anyone recommend any other places in South Dublin as I need to get a few quotes.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Zascar wrote:
    I parked beside a building site and got little drops of cement splashed all over my paint. It turns out it happend to some other people too and they claimed off the builder and got it repaired. I need to get a quote or two for the repair before I go to the builder. One of the guys got it repaired by http://www.gerrymaguire.com/ - aparently they are very good and do all the repairs for Maxwell Motors in Blackrock.

Can anyone recommend any other places in South Dublin as I need to get a few quotes.
    Thanks
    Zascar, how long has the cement been on your car ?. There are products for removing cement from paintwork, without having to have resprays or such like. Just depends whether we are talking days, weeks, months etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

its been on there about 2 months. However as someone else is paying for it I want to get a proper job done so it will be better than it was before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Gerry Maguire also does work for Ballsbridge Motors.He did a warranty paint job on a golf I had a few years ago.Very good job I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Zascar wrote:

Thanks

How much was Gerry Magurie charging for a full respray...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Zascar wrote:
    its been on there about 2 months. However as someone else is paying for it I want to get a proper job done so it will be better than it was before.
    You could get a bodyshop to try a product by Concept Chemicals called Surge (Team PR Reilly are their agents) to try to remove the concrete deposits safely, then machine polish the car to spruce up the finish.

Not wishing to have a go at you, but it sounds like your are kind of trying to take advantage of the situation. A top quality respray on an entire car would cost several thousands. It also takes from a cars originality, and should only be done where absolutely necessary - i.e. crash repairs. Anyway, I cannot see them paying you large compensation, even if it was their fault.

• Advertisement
Advertisement