Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Metal

• 16-11-2006 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Does Power Metal have any following in Ireland? I love the stuff but im annoyed that hardly any Power metal bands will come to Ireland, seeing as most of them are constantly touring europe. Although having said that, a return train ticket to Dublin for me is about €50, whereas a return flight to france costs about €35...

Back on topic, Is there much of a following of power metal here? I was looking to start/join a band in my town but no-one seems to have the same musical taste as me, which is pretty annoying...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Does Power Metal have any following in Ireland?...

Blind Guardian came here in September, but only played the TBMC, whatever chance you have of Power Metal bands coming here it seems to be a smaller venue and nearly almost always based in Dublin if they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Dragonforce are playing the ambassador Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Dragonforce are playing the ambassador Saturday.
    I cant see the need for a band to come twice in one year for the same album tour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

For the fans? For those who missed the first one? Cause this is an all ages gig? You want more power metal bands coming here but when one shows commitment to touring by showing up twice it's bad??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I cant see the need for a band to come twice in one year for the same album tour...

I personally wouldnt complain, you said u wanted Power Metal, and since Iced Earth, EdGuy and Helloween dont play here then you could do a lot worse then going to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I personally wouldnt complain, you said u wanted Power Metal, and since Iced Earth, EdGuy and Helloween dont play here then you could do a lot worse then going to this
    Indeed, but I dont want to fork out another €150+ to see the same gig i saw a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

You dont have to go!

Im quite fond of Power Metal, and would like to see a few Power Metal bands playing over here, but Power Metal is a very small thing here, and I can't really imagine them pulling in too many people. Also there obviously no promoters out there who want to book Power Metal bands.

And if you were to leave today to fly to France with Ryanair and come back next Wednesday (cheapest option) it would cost you 86.69 EUR, if you came back tommorow it would cost you 186.69 EUR, then you have taxi fare, hotel fees etc.

And 50 quid? why are you taking the train? take bus eireann and it'll only cost you 14 quid return

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd say Power Metal has a bigger following here than you'd think. There's a whole lot of "older" dudes (yer Da and the likes :D) that'd be into it but wouldn't be arsed with gigs (or who can't get permission from the wife to go).

Advertisement