Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D15 Affordable Housing Advertised Ongar

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Suziesu

Dont know of anyone yet, do you know of any other developments in Dublin 15, which will be available for affordable houseing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Talk about naieve on part of Fingal advertising only 89 homes to the general public when hundreds of loyal applicants who go through the hoops of the lottery lose out because of the draw regularly. (http://www.affordablehome.ie/home/index.aspx?id=369)
    This will just mean Fingal will get thousands of applications for just 89 homes, bloody ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

gurramok wrote:
    Talk about naieve on part of Fingal advertising only 89 homes to the general public when hundreds of loyal applicants who go through the hoops of the lottery lose out because of the draw regularly. (http://www.affordablehome.ie/home/index.aspx?id=369)
    This will just mean Fingal will get thousands of applications for just 89 homes, bloody ridiculous!

Ridiculous but cheap! 2 beds from €280 and 3 bed houses from €330 (semis)..............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

To be honest i dont think those houses are that affordable... There is a house in ONGAR listed here http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=3751&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=350000&s[bd_no]=3&s[search_type]=sale&s[map_search]=0&s[photo_search]=0&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=sale&id=114169 for 317,500, granted it is not a semi but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Sorry cant get the link attached properly but if you do a search on daft.ie for ONGAR there are houses for 3 bedroom houses for under 330,000 euro

• Advertisement

true but these are semi-detached houses with front and rear gardens! and are 1200 sq.ft so FIngal says! seem good value ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It isn't exactly the best deal for ongar,but someone earning under 55k wouldn't get a mortgage for 330k normally so in that way it brings it in to their grasp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Ok I rang up and got the gen on these
    They start at 235K so I am assuming apartment here

Anyways i earn not much less than 40K and I can't afford one
    the loan is thru the bank and you can have 4.5 times your salary so basically I would need a deposit of approx €66K to buy

affordable my backside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They are being released under the affordable homes initiative, not the affordable housing list, where income limits are much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

SuzyS1972 wrote:
    Ok I rang up and got the gen on these
    They start at 235K so I am assuming apartment here

Anyways i earn not much less than 40K and I can't afford one
    the loan is thru the bank and you can have 4.5 times your salary so basically I would need a deposit of approx €66K to buy

affordable my backside

Affordable for a couple perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

yeah us oul singletons think on our own ha ha

article on Affordable Homes in the indo this moring ! talking about levels of incoem ect!

Advertisement