Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Hunt receives death threats....

• 16-11-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

From the Press Association.

READING DUO RECEIVE DEATH THREATS
    Police are investigating death threats made to Reading duo Ibrahima Sonko and Stephen Hunt in the wake of their side's recent Barclays Premiership game with Chelsea.

The pair were involved in the incidents which saw Blues goalkeepers Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini hospitalised during the Royals' 1-0 Madejski Stadium defeat last month.

Thames Valley Police said on [url]www.bbc.co.uk:[/url] "The club is helping us with our inquiry and the matter is being investigated."

A Chelsea spokesman added: "There is nothing to suggest these threats came from genuine Chelsea fans."

According to the Reading Chronicle newspaper, one letter said: "We are going to kill you for what you did to our players."

The first letter was treated as a joke and pinned up on the door of Reading's training ground dressing room, but the arrival of subsequent letters saw the police called in to investigate.

Hunt was involved in a first-minute collision with Cech, who suffered a fractured skull which is expected to keep him out for the rest of the season.

"The club is dealing with all my letters and I don't want to say any more," said winger Hunt.

Cudicini was carried off on a stretcher following a final-minute collision with Sonko and required oxygen.

He only recently returned to action, while Cech is still out.

Sonko confirmed he had received a letter but made no further comment.
    Neither player faced any sanction from the Football Association.

Chelsea's spokesman added: "Naturally, we condemn any threats of this nature and we will assist the police fully if - and we stress if - there is any evidence linking theses threats to any of our supporters."
    end 161155 NOV 06
    AAA HHH NFL NNN NOL PAS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Not exactly a new tactic by them scum chelsea fans is it.

They scared a ref into retirement remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

sofireland banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Thats hilarious, it has to be people taking the piss, no one in their right mind is that mental to send death threats
    I know that there have been isolated incidents in the past of these sort of things but come on..... seriously:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If it was Neil Lennon that was getting the death threats I'd take it more serious but this is nothing. I doubt anything will ever come off it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Have to echo carcharodon and kearnser here. I'd respond to sofi re: frisk but I doubt he will see it now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Sometimes I wonder if I were to do something similar to this or something like the "Terry is a racist" email how long it would take before I saw it plastered over forums, in the press and clogging my mailbox with forwards.

People love to hate Chelsea so much it's pathetic.

Now that I think about it, I'm not that busy in work tomorrow.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

whats this got to do with football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

growler wrote:
    whats this got to do with football?

Stephen Hunt is a footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i lambasted Hunt at the time - every club in England has its hooligan element -- even little Watford - i took a beating from 5 or 6 of them in a pub in North London , when i squared up to one of them as he tried to move in on my girlfreind -- real Hard 5 or 6 grown men against 1 , so i for one will be glad to see Watford go down ! And this is just another act of cowardly pathetic behaviour .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Scumbags, hope they're found.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sometimes I wonder if I were to do something similar to this or something like the "Terry is a racist" email how long it would take before I saw it plastered over forums, in the press and clogging my mailbox with forwards.

Its found its way in to a telegraph reports inbox.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2006/11/14/ufnpap14.xml

beats having to write any journalism about the holland game i guess.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

First the ref, Anders Frisk was it? Then Obi Mikel, and now Sonko and Hunt. Chelsea fans have a lovely record. Now what are the FA going to do about it?

prove any of it ?

there was no evidence produced by frisk that suggested that any chelsea fan had actually sent him death threats, and even if there were any evidence to suggest he got a death threat why would the club take on any responsibility for the actions of an individual "fan"? Any loon can send a death threat to whoever they like, the clubs have no control over that.

If the FA were to start to take an interest in the actions of individual or minority groups of fans and punish offending clubs accordingly, then Liverpool, West Ham, Leeds, Cardiff, Spurs, Everton etc. would be continually fined for their fans' behaviour.

What exactly do you imagine that chelsea fans did to Jon Obi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Should Mourinho not take some of the blame for this (and for Frisk) with his irresposible comments after the game.

Why? I can't recall him saying anything about death threats.

Advertisement