Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricted Firearms List Drafted

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

No offense Gino but thats a bit of the "I'm alright Jack". It dosnt encourage me that whilst I can keep my pistols the sport will die with me:(

completely agree here

what about people like me who don't own a pistol. Why should some people have one while I cant

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

The uncertainty is terrible - I was just about to start sourcing a 9mm CZ-85 myself, down here in Cork. I think I will go ahead and try anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Go ahead mosull, the more people active, the less the case for banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

mosulli4 wrote:
    The uncertainty is terrible - I was just about to start sourcing a 9mm CZ-85 myself, down here in Cork. I think I will go ahead and try anyway...

Would suggest you go ahead rather then wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Sparks wrote:
    Go ahead mosull, the more people active, the less the case for banning.

Agree 1000% with you Sparks[for once proably:D ]
    Veg,
    I know your situation from our PMs.Keep at it,youwill eventually get a yes or a written no.Then you know what irks him.

Sidney,
    A great idea on the justifable use,but on the vermin shooting with hi cap.How do you prove the dates and times?All the Garda has to say is;"sure you could have filled that in any oul time."As for the competitions etc,that will only give them ideas then,that we must attend a minimum number every year.
    What becomes a minimum 5,10,30?? All well and good if we had a shooting range in every county next to the GAA pitch,with matches every 2 weeks[us not the GAA that is,] But if you have to travel from say;Limerick to short of Newry or whereever and back,once every 4 weeks,it would soon start to take the fun out of shooting for alot of folks,and we would see numbers dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Thanks for the encouragement lads - I am going to go for it...

I've shot a Glock, A HK USP, and a CZ-85 and I am going with the CZ cos I am left handed. Tis time to go shopping...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Cg, that would mean they would be calling you a liar! Diarys are very acceptable in legal situations, of course it dosnt hurt to be out hunting with someone else every once in a while (their names duly entered in the book).

As to traveling to ranges, I agree it's unfortunate that there are not enough local ranges but it is up to us to change that is it not? In reality some people are never going to be near a range and this of course is unfair but people do travel, at least every four weeks. One poster on this board who is personally known to me does so (from Waterford to Wicklow, Waterford to Newry every month) and I know many others.

Advertisement