Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.laptopsdirect.ie

• 16-11-2006 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Anyone ever bought a laptop from this crowd www.laptopsdirect.ie ?
    Good or bad reviews ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Oh, here we go. :)

There was a rather substantial thread about this company a few weeks back that I had to lock since it turned into meaningless bickering.

I personally have ordered from them and had no problems, as have others. But, as with any other store, people have had problems. Two company representatives (and a company shill) have posted in this very forum trying to rectify problems that have occured.

So, I would recommend them, others might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Prices seem to be good, on Toshiba's anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

Well i have an order in with laptops direct at the moment, and the laptop keeps coming down off the site ... one day they have 20+ in stock the next day there out of stock, this is a 1,600 euro laptop they do not sell 20 of one laptop in a day. The payment reached them days ago but on the account it still says that there awaiting payment, they wont reply to emails either.

A friend also has a laptop on order (i recommended him to the site and feel bad now) it took him a week and 3-4 phone calls to get a proforma invoice so that he could get the company to write the check.

There irish numbers forwards to there english base who keep quoting you in sterling! so annoying!

So bottom line there fecking COWBOYS ... but if you willing to wait a month for your laptop then there cheap as chips haha so worth it. But definitly not for the impatient or those who require good or even medium service :)

RYANAIR OF LAPTOPS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

just bought my laptop from digiuk.co.uk, good service and fast also - prices are just as good

mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bought an acer couple of months ago arived in two days typing on it now a company i work with bought thre top of the range sony's All arrived quickly with all extras (warranties) and cheaper than he sony site in fact sony told us to go to them cos they had no stock
    i think like all non bricks and mortar retailers when things go wrong they go horribly wrong. i stopped buying from komplett when they told me i broke a cpu (i put it in a motherboard and it didnt work) cost me a fortune in return postage.
    anyway there warehouse is just up the road from where mum and dad live near huddersfield- was a green field with crops on it when i was growing up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement