Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Van Dealers

Options
  • 16-11-2006 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know of any van dealers in the Dublin/Wicklow region who would stock Ford Transits? I'd also love to know where I could view vans being sold by delivery companies and the likes as these will most likely have had regular servicing. I've just been looking online so far but was told a valid point, that a lot of van buyers would not look online as opposed to a much wider selection of car buyers so dealers would be less likely to list them online if it costs them to do so.

I'm looking for a Ford Transit for about 3K with less than 130K on the clock and not older than a 97.

I'll be using it for courier work so need a van that will give no trouble for at least a year.

Any feedback would be appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jaysis yer mad about them Transits eh! You're budget's so low you'll mainly be looking at rattly old workhorses bar the odd exception, would you not consider other options or have your sights set firmly on the transit?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

yeah pretty much, don't see any other options for my budget and van use really. I'm about to ring a list of adds I picked from the buy and sell. Might get lucky.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not in your area but I understand Shiels in Ennis and Limerick are one of the biggest commercial dealers in the country.

I've no connection with them btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

I have a few vans on the road and you're mad buying something so cheap. I guarantee you it will cost you more in the long run.

The van needs to be DOE'd everyyear and it can sometimes cost thousands to get a poor van up to spec.

If you do go looking for a van in this budget make sure you get one with a good DOE.

Oh and Transits are a great workhorse and will go forever but are probably the worst van to spend a day working in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Cormie, Fitzpatrick Motors in Bray, north wicklow, are Ford dealers, who do commercials, our company uses 'em. Not sure if they would have older stock, but worth a shout

Tony

• Advertisement

I'd really only need it for a year anyway. I could sell it a month or two before the DOE runs out too.

tc20, I'm in Bray myself, rang them up, they have nothing for my budget I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Do you need that Transit size? Or would you consider VW Caddy, Seat Inca or Berlingo?

They are deffo too small. Looking at a Long wheel base, Semi high roof ideally and Short wheel base medium roof minimum!

Advertisement