Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3, differences between US/Japan and here?

• 16-11-2006 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know what you'd have to do to a US version PS3 to get it working in Ireland. Obviously there'd be the voltage convertor. What about it working on the tv's over here?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nothing.

Any modern TV will accept NTSC from the PS3 and the power supply in the PS3 is multi voltage so will accept our 220V power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea i said it was multi voltage before yet some one stated otherwise on boards, anyway the ps3 is region free right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Get the voltage converter just incase:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

shortys94 wrote:
    yea i said it was multi voltage before yet some one stated otherwise on boards, anyway the ps3 is region free right?

For PS3 games, yes (or at least it's supposed to be). For PS2/PS1 games, no. A Japanese or US PS3 will play Blu-ray movies from either region, but not from Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

So i could buy a US ps3 and it will play the games ill buy here when its released ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Paul,
    There should be no problem with running EU games on a machine bought in a different region BUT similar to DVD movies there will be encoding of movies on the new format to certain regions.So its highly likely that it would not play EU movies.
    JC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Japan and North America are the same region for Blu-Ray, Europe and Africa fall under another region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

So let me get this right,i can buy a ps3 from the usa and i can buy the games here (when they come out) and no problems,
    So its completely different than the ps2,ie; you buy games in the usa and when you get home you find out there no good !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

Each ps3 jap/usa/eur have their own region.
    Game developers can CHOOSE to make their games region free.

Currently the games released are all region free, that does not mean they will continue to be.

Advertisement