Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboard equipment in Livigno

Options
  • 16-11-2006 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I posted this over on Faceplant but doesn't seem to be any1 there! Prob pick up in a month or snow (oops freudian slip!)

I'm heading to Livigno next year for my second snowboard trip(was there last year, loved it)

Anyway did any of e get equipment there?
    I went with panorama last year, Madness was the school i went to.
    I stayed in Marco's Bar and rented my equipment from the shop downstairs from it.
    I was thinking of getting boots this year, and was wondering is that the best place to get them or is there another shop?
    Any experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cooee

there are absolutely loads of shops selling all sort of kit in Livigno. Pricewise I found many of them to be very similar - and I walked the whole of the town looking for boots.
    There does seem to be more shops down the other end of town from whereyou stayed......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 rudi1978

Generally things can be quite expensive until towards the end of the season. Try having a look on ebay. Probably your best bet if you know what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I wouldn't buy boots without being able to try them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I got my skis in De Fox just beside the Carrasello gondola, recommended to me by the DirectSki reps. They had a snowboard section upstairs and the staff all seem to know what they're doing. Also I was allowed to try the stuff for a day before I bought it, a nice touch. Not sure if it'd be great for snowboard boots since I wasn't looking for them but I'd recommend it from a customer service point if view, though be prepared to speak up for yourself and let them know exactly what you want. Also very cheap, though that's the case everywhere in Livigno! :D

Advertisement