Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grippy stickers for brake levers

Options
  • 16-11-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭

My Altura gloves don't have any grippy stuff on the palm (while this other pair does).

Can I buy grippy stickers to put on my brake levers, especially on my road bike, to provide a tactile surface on the levers?
    On my mtn bike I've taped some rubber strips to the levers (left over from a clip-on mudguard set). It helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

I think Lizard Skins do some sort of rubber tubing that you can slide on over the actual brake lever. They have them on chainreaction, but I'm pretty sure it's Lizard Skins that do them.

EDIT: There's a page on the Lizard Skins site here.

(Morgan - great minds etc... :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

You could get a pair of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Cheap option - cut some pieces off an old inner tube and stick them on somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Thanks for the Lizard Skins links.
    Trojan wrote:
    Cheap option - cut some pieces off an old inner tube and stick them on somehow.
    I could stick the tube to itself with puncture repair adhesive. It should undergo vulcanization which should make it stick to itself quite well.

Advertisement