Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Egyptian Cotton Bedsheets (",)

• 16-11-2006 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i couldn't find a suitable forum for this, but i guess this is the best place to ask. My girlfriend fell in love with some egyptian cotton bedsheets in a Hilton Hotel we stayed in a while ago and she's been looking for them for a while, so i guess they're a good thing to get her as part of her christmas present since she's moving into a new room at home with a bigger bed and stuff.

Anyone know where i might find them? I've tried googling it, but not much good. I don't know where to start really. I'm in Dublin if anyone knows any stores in town?

Cheers,

Bouli.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

my sister used to work in brown thomas and she told me before that they sold them...very expensive though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

They're worth every penny, I bought a couple of pairs a few years ago, they've been washed hundreds of times yet are still as good as new and equally as comfortable to sleep in. I saw some in TK MAXX in Blanchardstown - you could give them a ring. E-Bay has them, but you pay through the nose for postage! Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

They are soooo last season tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Sizzler wrote:
    Who cares once they're comfortable. And who's gonna judge you by your bed clothes????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Sizzler wrote:

I hope to Christ that this was a joke...

Next week's fashion: Versace pillowcases!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Cheers for the replies guys. BT was obvious-shoulda thought of that one - i'll have a gander over there tomorrow. As for them being last season, meh, they're not for me! I'll check out tk maxx too.

Oh, and postage on ebay - ridiculous!

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

my mum got some in Clerys not too long ago. not cheap but so worth it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

When you say 'not cheap', how much are you talking for a set of double bed sheets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Marks + Spebncer had them last year , and dunnes also ( wher I got mine ) a valance sheet , duvet cover + 2 pillow cases were in the region of €130 .. I must say they were an excellent buy and are by far the best bed clothes I have as they keep you cool in the summer and nice and warm in the winter ( although initally they are cold for a min or so when you 1st hop in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think Arnotts do them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Either Dunnes or Pennys was doing sheets a few months ago for about €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I was looking at really nice Egyptian cotton sheets the other day in Brown Thomas the other day, I can't remember the price but I remember my mother comenting on how they were fairly reasonable. Nice thoughtful present btw [and I'm sure you'll get a chance to appreciate them too;)]

Advertisement