Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N70 sis installation

• 16-11-2006 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

trying to install .sis applications on my phone but getting "Installion security error. Cannot install"

the phone is unlocked and unbranded, and changing the options in security and certificate options does not make any difference.

I cannot install anything whatsoever without getting this error.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

The certificate issue came straight to mind. You've ruled that out yourself.

What about a firmware upgrade -- reflash your phone having backed up everything to memory card/using PC Suite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I have a program called "unmake sis" which will unpack the sis file into a folder which can be placed on the memory card ill email it to you if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks psittacosis, I've actually already been placing the app folders in the system folder of my mmc but its just such a pain in the arse.

Guess I could try another flash but that has already been done to no avail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

HavoK wrote:
    Thanks psittacosis, I've actually already been placing the app folders in the system folder of my mmc but its just such a pain in the arse.

Are you doing that via the phone?, cause you could do it via the PC and the USB cable it would be much quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

BreadBoard wrote:
    Are you doing that via the phone?, cause you could do it via the PC and the USB cable it would be much quicker.

I've been doing it via card reader. Any other way would take way too long! Although that said in my desperation once, I did install several N-Gage games on my 6600 via infra-red. Yep, beaming every single individual file, having to cut and paste from inbox to system via Fexplorer, to finally make up the original folders that would have taken 2 seconds by card reader.

Took about 1 hour per game. Madness. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement