Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the most out of an old gun

Options
  • 16-11-2006 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

I am buying a new cz 452 ate the end of the month.

My Question is the dealer will not give me any money for the gun but will dispose of it for me....

The problem is i can sell just the pin and make €18 and i have 2
    the clip for €15
    Sling swivels for €5
    sights for say another 5
    Stock for about a 10 maybe
    th=e mechanism for 25

thats a total of €96 so far

now can i do this
    What parts can i not sell
    how do i satisfy the guards the gun is no more

If i were to bring the gun down with the barrel folded in 2 and welded at the breach.. Is that a deac. and what is the proceedure for this

The other option is keep a spare gun,,,for you know rainy days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Where are you getting the parts values from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Questions:

Is the old 452 Marked CZ or Brno ...?

What is advantage of the new one apart from a new stock ...?

The barrel is unlikely to be "Shot out " in a .22LR but it probably has impressive amounts of carbon and lead fouling. I'd save my money and keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

What exactly is the problem with the current rifle can you post a few pics up or email them to psittacosis@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

sorry no the old gun is a mossberg modle 353 .22lr

am lookin to replace it for a cz

on another note

can ye recomend mounts and price ranges to attach a Hawke nite eye 6.5-20x50 to the CZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

from my days in the shop the local super's inted meaning of a deact was the use of a con saw cutting the barrel up into 3" bits and cutting the action at least twice,the only parts you are "not allowed to resell is actions including bolts and barrels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mufflets

Hi Ya Maglite,

I have the combination that you are considering buying cz 452 with 6.5x20x50 hawh scope i am very pleased with them .I bought the scope in Courtlough €210 dont know what make the mounts are but the best accessary i added was a brooks trigger tuning kitt, realy tightened the groups.

http://cz452.com/

cheers .

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Hilver mounts probably

Advertisement