Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm going to throw my laptop out the window

• 16-11-2006 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

just did a fresh install of XP home edition on my dell inspiron 1100. I've done this a couple of times before every time i've done this i've had to download the drivers for the different bits and bobs from the dell website, eg network driver and the driver for the graphics so as it increases the size of the screen so u don't get a black edge going around your screen. But this time i can't get rid of this black edges around the screen, i've tried downloading all the different drivers to rectify the screen but no joy..... has anyone got any ideas please its driving me nuts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to laptops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

...and im going to catch it :D, could i have your address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

go to http://support.euro.dell.com

go to downloads...
    put the service tag of ur laptop in...
    then install the lastest version of your display adapter driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Could be to do with scaling.

Check the options in display and advanced. You are on the proper res for the screen are you?

scaling is only in the bios, windows 2000/xp drivers take over when the kernal loads so it shouldn't affect the desktop environment unless running 98/nt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Are you sure? I know on my laptop if I set the screen res to 800x600 it gets centered rather than fill the whole screen.

Actually come to think of it, it's because the option of having it that way is set to on in the bios setup screen.

there is a bios scaling, resolution is different. bios scaling is lost when hardware abstraction layer turns on

Advertisement