Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Coat/Jacket???

• 16-11-2006 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

I dont know what to get!?
    Its for Christmas Ive only got about $200 for it so...

PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME some reccomendations:D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh, from your extremely accurate description of what style, lenght and colour you want it, I know exactly the jacket for you!

Seriously, you might want to start with whether you're male or female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

Male,Knee length to waist length doesnt matter,with some kind of fur...Something from River Island preferably...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

kanibus wrote:
    Male,Knee length to waist length doesnt matter,with some kind of fur...Something from River Island preferably...;)

What's the point, in that case? :rolleyes:

That said, I will do my best to educate you. Have a look at Barbour in Clery's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

K

Go to banklink. (If using credit card, ignore this step)

Approach River Island store.

Go to Men's section.

Locate area selling coats.

Buy coat, taking care not to exceed spending limit.

Done.

P.S You should get a nice coat in Zara for that price.
    kanibus wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ClockWorkOrange

Are you on heroin..? dont buy anything from river island, most overpriced and yuppie mens store ever...

Go to TK MAX and you will have a far better selection at a much cheaper price..

I was in there yesterday and got some puma gym gear at very reasonable price.. and they have a really great coat seletion right now..

PEOPLE OF IRELAND - WAKE UP - DONT BE RIPPED OFF BY THE LIKES OF RIVER ISLAND..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

i have to agree - forget river island - all the clothes are a flash in the pan - and it certainly is over priced rubbish
    TK Maxx or pull n bear - both great places for jackets and clothes in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Are you on heroin..? dont buy anything from river island, most overpriced and yuppie mens store ever...

Not one for smilies but :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ClockWorkOrange

kanibus wrote:
    Its for Christmas Ive only got about $200 for it so...

This raises an intresting point.

I think alot of irish people, for some unknown reason, are happy to lap up the expensive garbage dished out by the likes of river island and jack and jones...without a second thought (Im restricting this to guys cuz i dont know the ladies scene too well).. And if you shop in these stores 200 Euro wont get you much..

The sad thing is that if you apply yourself and find the outlet stores you can make 200Euro go a very long way.. I bet with 200 Euro i could get a full outfit and a coat to match.. and i wouldent look like a river island poster boy..

its embarassing in the street at the weekend when you see the reams of guys wearing the same bland trash.. Irish men really need to so something about their dress sense..

flash in the pan was a perfect description..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Agreed, ClockWorkOrange.

From a womans POV, I saw a gorgeous raspberry pink knit jumper in Gap last week for £25. I didn't buy it because I felt it was too expensive and I continued on to TopShop, where I bought an identical jumper, two vest tops and a bag for £25.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Go to TK MAX and you will have a far better selection at a much cheaper price..

QUOTE]

How to look like a polish gangsta in 1 quick step. :p

Advertisement