Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RA trouble

124»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If you're an RA and you write up things that are untrue you deserve to be fired. You are a disgrace and an insult to people who are actually paying to live somewhere, as well as being a downright dishonest bastard.

Imagine the **** there'd be if a lecturer decided to fabricate allegations of cheating or the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

fullstop, what you said is spot on. last year as an ra i always went way overboard like that too just for the craic. it's good fun telling your co-ra's about events like that. and again, we always write up ellaborate sequence of events in our reports just for the laugh. i know it's sorta wrong and all but its hilarious for us

Wow I'm going to enjoy my ban for this.

You Sir, are a cock.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This issue has been forwarded to the administration in UCD and there remains nothing to be discussed on this.

Edit: elmyra, time out please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I know people in 10 in merville who had a big party at the start of the year and someone set off the fire alarm. They didnt organise the meeting they were supposed to for weeks - Then they went down giving loads of **** to mr nichol. They got a curfew for a month - couldnt have anyone over after 10pm. Maybe a little harsh considering they hadn't ever done anything wrong before but i would say that if you hurry up and get the meeting done quickly, you apologise and aren't rude in the meeting you might get away with a warning. nothing like those guys got anyway.

And yeah, that cat's bloody freaky.
    I find that they had a curfew imposed hard to belive, and they're not allowed to have anyone over after 10 anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

That's what I was told. Makes me glad I don't have to live on campus really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I find that they had a curfew imposed hard to belive, and they're not allowed to have anyone over after 10 anyway!

You're wrong there Kaptain Redeye, I think you'll find residents are not allowed to have visitors after 11.30pm. And the word is believe, not belive I do believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

You're wrong there Kaptain Redeye, I think you'll find residents are not allowed to have visitors after 11.30pm. And the word is believe, not belive I do believe

BUT WHERE'S THE FULL STOP!? ARGH! THIS NEVERENDING SENTENCE WILL ENVELOPE US ALL! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

fullstop wrote:
    Point out someone's spelling like that again and you'll be getting a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

fullstop, what you said is spot on. last year as an ra i always went way overboard like that too just for the craic. it's good fun telling your co-ra's about events like that. and again, we always write up ellaborate sequence of events in our reports just for the laugh. i know it's sorta wrong and all but its hilarious for us

If only lynchings were possible over cyberspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Red Alert wrote:
    Imagine the **** there'd be if a lecturer decided to fabricate allegations of cheating or the like.
    Our Ops lecturer last week decided to literally make up things before our test to see if people were reading the book and would contradict her...b1tch, finals this year dont need it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Sangre wrote:
    Point out someone's spelling like that again and you'll be getting a ban.
    why is that? on a lighter not i bet you double checked your spelling on that post Sangre?lol

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

why did you bump this thread?

Sangre wrote:
    why did you bump this thread?
    I can't really remember:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

i know i should'nt bump this but i came across this thread while searching for another. HILARIOUS!! Thread of the year surely?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

MuddyDog wrote: »
    i know i should'nt bump this but i came across this thread while searching for another. HILARIOUS!! Thread of the year surely?!?

It didn't win in 2006, don't see why it should win this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

MuddyDog wrote: »

No, you shouldn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement