Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Activation code problem ?

• 17-11-2006 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Recently I had to re-install XP Pro on PC in my girlfriends house and when I entered the activation code that came with the original CD it failed activation. Anyone got any ideas on any steps I can take to remedy this?

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated

MD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Are you sure you dont mean the License code that came with the original CD?
    License and Activation code are two different things.
    Activation code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/evaluation/features/activation.mspx
    Did you try re-entering the code?
    Was the PC bought from a reliable source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

kippy wrote:

Are you sure you don't mean the License code that came with the original CD?
    License and Activation code are two different things.

I'm not too sure which it is really but was asked for it when it was re-installed from scratch. Computer is about 3 years old and was bought from Dell with XP Pro already installed on it. She rang me this evening and told me they are locked out of PC since today and being asked for code. I will be over with her tomorrow evening so will check which it is then.

MD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The code you entered was the license code, more than likely....
    With XP you also need to activate it.
    Details in the link above and in this link, the details on how to activate it:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890

Worth a read.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Just ring Microsoft, this has happended with a lot of OEM copies of xp. they will give you a new product key to enter. dont forget to make a note of it.

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

NeoRox wrote:
    Just ring Microsoft, this has happended with a lot of OEM copies of xp. they will give you a new product key to enter. dont forget to make a note of it.

HTH

Ok will do that tomorrow thanks.

Thanks for all replies too

MD

• Advertisement
Advertisement