Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet IP?

Options
  • 17-11-2006 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,

I seem to be the only member of my house who can get DCHP from teh Magnet router in my house, I'll call them in the morning again, but has anyone else not been given DHCP by their modem?!

L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Not enough information.
    Amnt familiar with the magnet hardware. Wireless/Wired/Number of ports? In one area you call it a router and the other a modem, leading to confusion.....if it is a modem it may only have one wired port which only one device can connect to.
    How are your machines connecting to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

Sorry! *cleans head out* too sleepy.

It's a Telsey Router/Modem, with four wired ports and wireless. I've tried both wireless and wired to get the others hooked up, but it only seems to work with my laptop...perhaps it has cached the MAC and is only allowing for once device, which seems mighty odd

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

their websites states that their modem allows you to utilise a hub to connect multiple devices to the modem each receiving its own ip if i remember correctly.

as for routers, if it has multiple LAN ports make sure there is no restriction like they have to be used by certain devices etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

maybe it is in "bridge" mode instead of "NAT" mode. Then you would only get one IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

watty wrote:
    maybe it is in "bridge" mode instead of "NAT" mode. Then you would only get one IP.

Buggers won't let me into the thing to change it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just get a cheapie router and let it dhcp to all the pcs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

I don't think that Magnet is set up in the same way, but you might want to check out this thread about Digiweb in the Comms forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055014788

Advertisement