Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How important are ultrasonic sensors?

Options
  • 17-11-2006 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Got an alarm install recently in my car which has most of the usual protections doors/bonnet/boot opening sensors, shock sensor, anti-tempering sensor (whatever it call) etc. but it seems that my car doesn't like the ultrasonic sensors for the interior which are also included. It is actually a known problem for the model of my car that the alarm would goes off about 30 seconds after I armed the alarm with windows opens (the windows will close itself upon arming the alarm) and it is because of the ultrasonic sensors.

My question is how important do you guys think for the ultrasonic sensors? It's because there's an option to disable them when arming the alarm but I do have an expensive dvd head unit inside and I was thinking will other sensors sufficient for the protection?

Advertisement