Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blacktie

• 17-11-2006 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi,

Am in the market for a new tuxedo, anyone recommend somewhere in dublin??

Appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Try blacktie in Terinure,they sell suits as well as hire also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

M&S - very reasonable shtuff.

the suitable company on grafton street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

Sangre wrote:
    M&S - very reasonable shtuff.

Agreed,i got a class tux in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Suitable Company have a sale on at the moment. If you buy a suit (range from €395 - €750), they give you a tux worth €395 for free. That sounds like a real bargain. Not sure how long the sale is for. Heard the ad on the radio last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Just rented a Tux at the weekend from BlackTie €70 euro which was very reasonable. They took all my measurements and got a tux to fit me perfectly.

I know its not what you asked for but you might consider it. I looked into buying my own Tux before and the Initial cost to amount of times I would use it just didnt work out I found it cheaper to rent.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Hi ya, I am also looking at renting a tux in the next week or two. I am livin in Waterford. Just saw Static M.e. in the above reply to this post rented a tux for 70 euro.
    What parts of the tux do you get for this price. i.e. jacket, shirt, trousers, shoes, cufflinks, waistcoat, socks etc.

Also what measurements do they need to take for the rental and what happens when you go to their shop.

BTW I never rented a tux before so don't know much about it.
    Thanks for all the help and sorry if I hijacked the original post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

From Blacktie I received the following

Shirt, Pants, Jacket, Cuffs and BowTie (Pretied kind). You provide your own Shoes\Socks\undergarments

Waistcoats are a preferance item but you shouldn't need one, most people won't have one.

Measurements taken were leg (Outside not Inside ;) ), waist, chest, neck.

When you go to the shop they simply check your measurements then you try on some clothes for style/comfort the whole process took about 10minutes in total. I was very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Blacktie is a load of boll0x

You could buy your own suit and save money on what they give ye

What kind of shirt do they give you in blacktie.
    Do you just go into them or do you need to make an appointment.
    Also do you try on different suits when you go in or what.
    Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Go into a place that rents tuxs and ask them how much the ex-rentals are. They're usually e150 and are fine. Only the equivalent of two hires and problem solved. Alternatively if you insist on new, M&S is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

i use black tie...waist coat is 17e to rent...cuff links are usualy free of charge unless u want mad fancy ones, 70e for coat and trousers, bah blah etc.... i bought mine!!:D (got it cheap knew manager :P)

Hi, Just lookin for a few answers to the couple of questions below.

Thanks again for all the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Blacktie is a rip-off. Use a tux 2/3 times in your life and you've paid for it already vs. a rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

There's a place called aston just off aston quay that rent and sell tuxes. I've hired from there a few times but they sell too as far as I know. Good quality and a much friendlier (and slightly cheaper) service than blacktie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Stephen12

Hi, Just lookin for a few answers to the couple of questions below.

Thanks again for all the help.

I don't think you need to make an appointment and I suppose they have different types of shirts, winged collar, ordinary collar etc. and safer to try on the suits for size, will be using them myself for an occasion soon.

Advertisement